Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach

I'm hearing that Fred Hoilberg is going to be the new coach.  Byran Munson over on Rivals is saying this.  I have been a long time poster over on the Old Big Red Report site (now 247) and Munson was there for a long long time.  He has really good sources and wouldn't be saying this if he didn't think this was going down.  This was posted over on 247 site and most posters there are all in on a change and really like the hire of Hoilberg if it in fact comes to fruition! Tim Miles is a good guy and put together and really good team, that even with the one big injury should have competed far better than they did.  Why were these guys playing with the fire the whole season like they have that last 4 games?  That's coaching plan and simple.  Since Miles has been here it's always this way. For 2-3 games they become world beaters and then can't beat the play ground guys for 8 games.  Just my view, I know there are many of you that see it differently!

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I voted “pretty excited”. That’s probably overstating it some.  But, I would be more excited than “meh”. 

Same.

I don't have a problem admitting I don't really care about Husker basketball. Basketball isn't that big of a deal to me in general, but, a big name hire would certainly get me more engaged.

• Plus1 1

During all of this coaching change, you always have to be interested/concerned about recruiting.  I like the guys Miles has coming in....even though we still need one or two big guys.  

I think Hoiburg is the type of hire that can keep those guys excited about coming to Nebraska and hopefully go out and get some big guys.

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach