Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach

First, if this is a Jim Tressel kind of rumor and we end up with the Mike Riley of college basketball, you can all go F yourselves!

Secondly, this rumor is picking up steam and will surely be in the heads of the players, and Miles himself, before Wednesday's game. Does this sort of distraction inspire the team to play hard in the NIT? Does it divide the team? Does someone in the athletic office have to address the situation directly with Miles and the team before the game as the rumor builds? How will everyone handle the immediate impact of this?

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

If you mean on the current team, yes.

If you mean as part of the program then I’d count him

In the context of replying to this post, no.

1 hour ago, RedSavage said:

There's players worth grabbing for sure but I'd rather he build a team and not have the team be predicated on JUCO's again like we are now

1 minute ago, Ulty said:

First, if this is a Jim Tressel kind of rumor and we end up with the Mike Riley of college basketball, you can all go F yourselves!

Secondly, this rumor is picking up steam and will surely be in the heads of the players, and Miles himself, before Wednesday's game. Does this sort of distraction inspire the team to play hard in the NIT? Does it divide the team? Does someone in the athletic office have to address the situation directly with Miles and the team before the game as the rumor builds? How will everyone handle the immediate impact of this?

I don't know. You never know how a team will respond to an imminent coaching change. They could play hard and have Miles go out looking good or they could fold or give up. I hope they play like they did in the Big Ten Tournament because that is the type of ball we like to see.

• Mavric changed the title to Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach