Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach

3 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I am very excited if it is Hoiberg, but this stuff bugs me. If you have your guy, let Miles go. 

Miles and his family has to hear this/see this. 

Let Miles move on and dont drag this out. Unless they have told Miles he is done and the NIT is his swan song to hang with the kids. 

What if they go and win the NIT? Are we going to expect Fred to just wait?

That'd be something, wouldn't it? I think it's far more likely that they emptied the tanks in the conference tourney, and flame out pretty quickly in the NIT.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

20 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I am very excited if it is Hoiberg, but this stuff bugs me. If you have your guy, let Miles go. 

Let Miles move on and dont drag this out. Unless they have told Miles he is done and the NIT is his swan song to hang with the kids. 

You don't think we had Frost a done deal before we fired Riley? Spoiler: We did. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

You don't think we had Frost a done deal before we fired Riley? Spoiler: We did. 

And I am saying i think it is kind of wrong.

I get why Moos is doing it. 

Doesnt want to fire a guy without a backup plan. 

I get it is part of the business. 

Just think it makes things really awkward... That being said, who knows if it is true. Could all be rumors based on conjecture. 

3 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

And I am saying i think it is kind of wrong.

I get why Moos is doing it. 

Doesnt want to fire a guy without a backup plan. 

I get it is part of the business. 

Just think it makes things really awkward... That being said, who knows if it is true. Could all be rumors based on conjecture. 

I think that's how it usually works, but with social media these days things spread like wildfire. Moos has also always said he will let coaches play out the season in full, doesn't like to fire ppl with games left, even though they technically are gone. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Hi Dirk.

No, this is not adding huge amounts of unwanted stress to Miles and his family that wasn't there for probably half of the season.  People are trying to make this out to be some horrible situation.  It's not.  Miles knows the situation and he's getting to coach his kids until the season is done.  

Some fans and Dirk for some reason are trying to make this out to be a horribly managed situation.  It's not.  People need to just chill and enjoy the NIT tournament games they play in.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

I can't believe my first post over here is a thread starter.  I actually heard about this the night before and when I came to check out what people over here were saying, there wasn't a word.  Also I have to ask, is BigRedBuster the same poster from the old Scout Board of years ago?  If so, you would've of know me over there as MNBigRed!  It was evidently taken here so I had to change it some for this board!

A source with knowledge of the situation told the Journal Star there has been contact between the school and Hoiberg, and discussions are advanced. Hoiberg-to-Nebraska rumors have been swirling for weeks, and reports began to surface Monday afternoon on Twitter that the Iowa State legend was indeed in Nebraska's crosshairs.

The source told the Journal Star that former Iowa State and Chicago Bulls head coach Fred Hoiberg would be a strong candidate for the Nebraska men's basketball head coach position should Tim Miles be fired.

While it is unclear who at Nebraska has made contact with Hoiberg, NU athletic director Bill Moos has in the past used intermediaries when contacting football coaches Mike Leach at Washington State and Scott Frost at Nebraska.

Should Nebraska move on from Miles, Hoiberg would be perhaps the closest thing to a unanimously agreed-upon solution among Nebraska fans.

The Mayor (a nickname earned during his playing days at Iowa State) was born in Lincoln. His niece works in the Nebraska basketball office. His grandfather, Jerry Bush, coached at NU from 1954 to 1963 and was on the NU bench for one of the biggest upsets in Nebraska history — a 43-41 win over Wilt Chamberlain and Kansas in 1958. The ties are plentiful.

LJS

This article, from January 7th.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25707047/fred-hoiberg-says-prefers-coaching-college-basketball-nba-front-office

says 

Hoiberg has been a rumored target for UCLA's head-coaching job.

If true, I'd have to say I'm pretty excited to see him be given a shot at Nebraska. Always concerned to see somebody go from the PROs back to a level where they need to recruit again, if that wasn't one of their favorite things to do.

• Mavric changed the title to Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach