Taj Griffin

On 3/19/2019 at 5:20 PM, Pedro G said:

Who knows why it didn’t work out for him at Oregon, unless he didn’t  fit into the last two coaches’ systems. But man he looks dangerous, and perhaps with Frost’s system, he would get playing time along with Mills and Washington if he is allowed to play. 

Dangerous enough to never start 

I'd take this guy in a heartbeat. Surely no one is concerned because he was a backup...? The only possible reason for that is that he may not have exactly fit the system they running. This guy is explosive and perfect for Frost's offense. No hesitation whatsoever.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Griffin fell down the depth chart at RB and moved to WR where Oregon was thin.  He moved back to RB for his senior season.  He played in three games last season and then announced he was going to transfer.  To put it bluntly, he quit to keep his eligibility.  I'm sure the guys who ripped Gebbia will hate on Griffin.  Right?!?!

https://www.dailyemerald.com/sports/football/oregon-senior-running-back-taj-griffin-to-transfer/article_a29a0b76-af3f-5e59-982f-2b0a6150173a.html

6 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Griffin fell down the depth chart at RB and moved to WR where Oregon was thin.  He moved back to RB for his senior season.  He played in three games last season and then announced he was going to transfer.  To put it bluntly, he quit to keep his eligibility.  I'm sure the guys who ripped Gebbia will hate on Griffin.  Right?!?!

https://www.dailyemerald.com/sports/football/oregon-senior-running-back-taj-griffin-to-transfer/article_a29a0b76-af3f-5e59-982f-2b0a6150173a.html

If you were comparing him to Greg Bell, I would understand your point of view.  Gebbia?  I don’t get this comparison at all.

• Plus1 2
29 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

If you were comparing him to Greg Bell, I would understand your point of view.  Gebbia?  I don’t get this comparison at all.

I can kind of see it.  If Gebbia had stayed, and never played, he still would have lost a year.  Gebbia had to transfer when he did to save a year of eligibility.

But on the other hand, one player played a lot as an underclassmen, switched positions to help the team, and also stuck around long enough in a new system to know for sure that he wasn't going to play a ton in it, and then transferred to have just one more year to actually enjoy himself.

1 hour ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

Wouldn't it be similar to Wilbon announcing a transfer after 3 games?  I don't think anybody would have been upset if that happened.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I can kind of see it.  If Gebbia had stayed, and never played, he still would have lost a year.  Gebbia had to transfer when he did to save a year of eligibility.

But on the other hand, one player played a lot as an underclassmen, switched positions to help the team, and also stuck around long enough in a new system to know for sure that he wasn't going to play a ton in it, and then transferred to have just one more year to actually enjoy himself.

If Gebbia stayed he would have played in the Colorado game (when Martinez was hurt) and would have had a chance to win us that game. He would have also started and played against Troy. If Gebbia comes in and wins both of those games who knows what would have happened and/or who would have been our starter going forward. 

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I'd take this guy in a heartbeat. Surely no one is concerned because he was a backup...? The only possible reason for that is that he may not have exactly fit the system they running. This guy is explosive and perfect for Frost's offense. No hesitation whatsoever.

The only possible reason he wasn't a starter?! Well there's the issue of he wasn't good enough to start, football coaches aren't in the business of playing their second best players 

22 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

If Gebbia stayed he would have played in the Colorado game (when Martinez was hurt) and would have had a chance to win us that game. He would have also started and played against Troy. If Gebbia comes in and wins both of those games who knows what would have happened and/or who would have been our starter going forward. 

Lol no, he also transferred like his head coach did

34 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

OK?  But "assuming" he would have stayed and not played (at least not more that 4 games) he still would have lost a year of eligibility.  He transferred when he did so he could play in 2019.

He has the speed Frost wants. He has experience already in Frost's system being at Oregon so he would pick the offense up fast and be able to contribute. I dont see how it can be bad to add a kid with lots of speed when our offense is predicated on speed. 

Dont argue just to argue. We need speed, he has speed. What is there to debate.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, bugeater17 said:

I like this attitude that its always possible, but Martinez is just something special. When he comes back from injury no way you start someone over him after what he showed in that Colorado game.