** 2019 Opponent Previews : South Alabama (Game 1) **

2 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Is Becht new? I don't pay too much attention to who the announcers are, but I don't know if I've heard him or not. Mowins is so bad though, this is unfortunate.

I didn't realize he has been in broadcasting either but apparently he was on the Jets broadcast crew last year and worked for ESPN, NBC and XM previously:

With Becht a former first round pick of the Jets back in 2000, in the booth, the Jets are getting an excellent game analyst to go along with Eagle’s dramatic verve. Becht is best known in recent circles as an ESPN College Football analyst, which gives him a nice leg up when it comes to talking about players on both the Jets and Falcons for Friday’s telecast.

Not only has Becht seen guys like Darnold and current Jets rookie tight end Chris Herndon (4th Round out of Miami). He has familiarity with Falcons rookie wide out Calvin Ridley (1st Rounder out of Alabama), and rookie defensive tackle Deadrin Senat (3rd Rounder out of South Florida) as well.

During a time of the year where fans are seeing a lot of names they do not recognize, Becht’s expertise and knowledge about the new players coming out of college is going to be a welcome addition to the booth.

Being a former NFL tight end for five different teams, and a broadcaster with a national background that includes work on NBC Sports’ Pro Football Talk and Sirius XM radio, Becht will not walk around with green and white tinted glasses. He is going to be honest in both his praise and criticism of the Jets and their opponents throughout the summer. As a viewer that is all you want from your broadcast team. Welcome aboard, Anthony!

5 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

Not sure who’s worse, Rocky or Beth.  Ugh.  

I usually don't mind mediocre announce teams as long as the camera work allows me to adequately see the action on the field (which is not always a given when we have the scrub crew).

I would still rather have Mowins and Boiman or whoever else compared to the awful pay-per-views that we had to suffer through a few years back. Remember seeing this awesome ad 500 times per game?

Image result for husker facebook deleted 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Ulty said:

I usually don't mind mediocre announce teams as long as the camera work allows me to adequately see the action on the field (which is not always a given when we have the scrub crew).

I would still rather have Mowins and Boiman or whoever else compared to the awful pay-per-views that we had to suffer through a few years back. Remember seeing this awesome ad 500 times per game?

Ah, good ol’ PPV days.

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

Yep

i have a MUCH bigger problem with bad camera and production work than bad announcers. I usually don’t pay attention to them anyway. But, bad camera work and you literally miss parts of the game. 

Senior starter last year threw for 1800 yards, 11 TDs and 6 INTs (65.3%)

Johnson played in 8 games, throwing for 120 yards, 3 TDs and 1 INT (36.8%). Ran 28 times for 62 yards (presumably most of the 48 yards he lost were sacks).  Only returning QB to play last year.

He was expected to be the starter.  Other competitors are a RS Frosh and a JUCO transfer.

This should be a typical first game.  Everyone is all pumped up, ready for the Huskers to go kick a$$.  Huskers win by a comfortable margin.  They still make mistakes and don't look crisp and clicking on all cylinders.  

We all come back here on Monday morning thinking...."We really don't know how good this team is."

• Plus1 1