Is there any diversity of political thought on this site?

1 minute ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

Excellent write-up.  You are not far off of my beliefs believe or not.  On government in general your spot on, but there are un-elected people in government that work each and every day to do nothing but support the existence of their position.  I know social workers in our county that will send a bus ticket (bought on their own dime) to an out of state resident to relocate said person so they have another welfare client to counsel.  People like this are out their, but in general by far most government workers are great.  I say your more conservative than you give yourself credit for.:thumbs

And there are many people on this site that are openly much more conservative than I am.  Like it has been suggested before, tone down the rhetoric and just talk on issues case-by-case.  Support it with facts.  You can use your "Conservative Tree House", but don't be angry when people ask for the points to be verified.  It is a very reasonable forum.  But I freely admit, it rejects crazy in a very entertaining way!

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

And there are many people on this site that are openly much more conservative than I am.  Like it has been suggested before, tone down the rhetoric and just talk on issues case-by-case.  Support it with facts.  You can use your "Conservative Tree House", but don't be angry when people ask for the points to be verified.  It is a very reasonable forum.  But I freely admit, it rejects crazy in a very entertaining way!

The same is true of the very liberal -    Right now Trump is the president - so he is getting the hard review - if we had an alt-left president, the same hard look would be happening here on HB.

This is part of the reason I started the new thread on New Dem policies - the Good, Bad, Ugly.   With Dems having control of the house - MN and others should find plenty of issues to pick up and debate. 

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, funhusker said:

:dunno:lol:  I'm curious, If that was the deal breaker twenty years ago, how on Earth are you not disenfranchised by Trump over the last 30 years?

I have know who Trump is and give him a pass at this point simply because he has pledged to drain the swamp.  I decided that we need someone that has been in gutter and knows what's down there to do the dirty work.  People keep harping on the bad of Donald Trump. Hey I know about it, but accept it.  By the way I didn't say deal breaker, I said disenfranchised!  There is a difference.  That dissatisfaction with Clinton had to do with an event while in office and up to that time with what I knew I wasn't to unhappy with things, but that one event really was despicable and lead me to looking further into his past.  Trumps past is there for all to see.  He has been investigated and vetted for than any other person to hold the office, yet nothing has been found.  It's time to get over the TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and get on with allowing him to do his job, which he does for NO PAYMENT! By the way I appreciate your comments.  Don't take my posting as a direct assault on you individually.  I have up voted many of you in this thread.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

I have know who Trump is and give him a pass at this point simply because he has pledged to drain the swamp.  I decided that we need someone that has been in gutter and knows what's down there to do the dirty work.  People keep harping on the bad of Donald Trump. Hey I know about it, but accept it.  By the way I didn't say deal breaker, I said disenfranchised!  There is a difference.  That dissatisfaction with Clinton had to do with an event while in office and up to that time with what I knew I wasn't to unhappy with things, but that one event really was despicable and lead me to looking further into his past.  Trumps past is there for all to see.  He has been investigated and vetted for than any other person to hold the office, yet nothing has been found.  It's time to get over the TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and get on with allowing him to do his job, which he does for NO PAYMENT!

Like you I think the Clinton's are deplorable - both in office and as persons.  Their history shows it.  They too were poor examples of upholding the honor of being placed in the WH.   And yes, I understand the often one sided presentation of the news by much of MSM - so I understand the grievances from which you speak  but I say we could have done much better than a Trump.  Brash words mean nothing if it destroys the fabric of our nation as he is doing.  I'm not convinced that Trump has done much swamp draining - I think he could have accomplished much more during the time the GOP had held Congress if he learned to keep his mouth shut.  I think he would have had his boarder wall and even the repeal of Obamacare if he had worked with Congress and stopped being a bad a..  all the time. 

Regarding the doing the job wt no payment --- he is getting a huge payment -- The Trump Brand.    I fully believe the only reason he really got into the race was to promote his brand.  I don't think he expected to win but the campaign was one big commercial for his Brand.  For that he is getting paid dearly.  Each time he stays at a Trump property - big time pay back.  The salary he would have gotten is small in comparison.   You couldn't have paid for that kind of free Brand promotion.

• Plus1 2

27 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Donald Trump cares about you and me. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahaha.

How so? When he tried to kick 16 million people off healthcare insurance? When hea trying to cut medicare by $845 billion? Medicaid by $1.5 trillion. Screwing over college students by increasing their already record high debt? Giving a $2 trillion dollar tax break to the ultra wealthy and corporations? Screwing over farmers with his trade wars and tariffs? Alienating every ally we have in this world and cozying up with dictators? The newest one being Brazil. What one of these policies shows that DJT gives a damn about anyone but himself or his interests?

I guess you don't understand President Trump and how he successfully negotiates things.  Sure those cuts are high, he has to have a starting point to negotiate from.  Wait and see where in the end it lands.  He knows this proposal won't past muster with the Dem Congress, but you also have to know that one side or the other should never be given a blank check and had he not set this starting point that is exactly what would have happened!

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
17 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

I have know who Trump is and give him a pass at this point simply because he has pledged to drain the swamp.  I decided that we need someone that has been in gutter and knows what's down there to do the dirty work.  People keep harping on the bad of Donald Trump. Hey I know about it, but accept it.  By the way I didn't say deal breaker, I said disenfranchised!  There is a difference.  That dissatisfaction with Clinton had to do with an event while in office and up to that time with what I knew I wasn't to unhappy with things, but that one event really was despicable and lead me to looking further into his past.  Trumps past is there for all to see.  He has been investigated and vetted for than any other person to hold the office, yet nothing has been found.  It's time to get over the TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and get on with allowing him to do his job, which he does for NO PAYMENT! By the way I appreciate your comments.  Don't take my posting as a direct assault on you individually.  I have up voted many of you in this thread.

Please stop using inflamatory and degrading terms like “Trump Derangement Syndrome” and all the other catch phrases you are getting from the conservative media.  It lessens every single thing in your post and is rude and unneccesaary. Ive seen some of your posts where you are  rational and want to interact so i think your reasons for being here are overall good.  If you talk like a grown up and not an elementary school bully you will do better here.  

• Plus1 4
51 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

You wonder why I like Donald Trump?  Well his is the first politician besides Ronald Reagan that really gives and dam about the people.

21 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

I have know who Trump is and give him a pass at this point simply because he has pledged to drain the swamp. 

3 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

I guess you don't understand President Trump and how he successfully negotiates things.  

Image result for confused gif

Image result for udder nonsense gif

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

Excellent write-up.  You are not far off of my beliefs believe or not.  On government in general your spot on, but there are un-elected people in government that work each and every day to do nothing but support the existence of their position.  I know social workers in our county that will send a bus ticket (bought on their own dime) to an out of state resident to relocate said person so they have another welfare client to counsel.  People like this are out their, but in general by far most government workers are great.  I say your more conservative than you give yourself credit for.:thumbs

Super interesting that you read this and say he is more conservative than he thinks.  Could it be that some of your positions are more centriat/liberal than you think?  

If you took away your need to defend the man currently in power and looked just at the issues I think you’d be better served.  We dont need to label each other or name call.  

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, Ulty said:

However, if you are seriously interested in reasonable discussion, can you start by answering a few questions yourself?

1. What does "Make America Great Again" mean to you?

2. What values do conservatives and/or the Republican party currently stand for?

3. What are some of your personal values?

4. Since you used the word "diversity" here, what does that word mean to you - not only in terms of political thought, as well as cultural, ethnic, racial, socio-economic (etc) diversity?

Image result for waiting gif

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

Excellent write-up.  You are not far off of my beliefs believe or not.  

Let's put a pin in that.

Pretty much every time we stop and discuss specific beliefs, America finds itself in near agreement: either on the core belief or with the understanding that the issue is complicated and our perspectives are varied. If you chart those beliefs in a political spectrum, Americans are considerably more progressive than the people we elect to represent us. 

But having opened with this open-minded compliment, you head straight for the manufactured talking points that reduce worthwhile discussion to tired extremist cliches. I know where you get these talking points and why you repeat them. I guess it counts as "diversity" on this board, but it's not making much of a case.

If you are dipping back to the New World Order, Dan Rather vs. George W. Bush, and Monica Lewinsky, you really aren't paying attention to what's happening now. 

So what is happening now? Well I think we're at a place in history where future generations will look back and say "what the f were they thinking?!"  What you're seeing on HuskerBoard is people from various political backgrounds choosing the right side of history.

Join us!

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

So, why is this the place to generate conversation about a perceived lack of political diversity? Why is this is the outlet for that discussion, a Husker sports message board? What is the goal or intended outcome of that debate when this is but one of a million political microcosms?

We should all strive political lucidity, but I must admit this is an odd battlefield to wage that war. It sounds eerily similar to an argument once posed by a currently banned member, a "MAGA conservative" with the unenviable dilemma of being unable to discuss politics within the confines of our Board Rules.