**Official 2019 Mariners/Mets Misery Thread**

Xmas32

On 7/18/2019 at 11:40 AM, Mavric said:

pESRN5u.gif

Won four in a row.  Next 20 games against sub-.500 teams.

Beat those teams at the rate they're currently being beaten would be about 11-9 over that stretch.  Win three more games than that - one extra game every-other series - would be 14-6 and back to .500.

I'll get back to you in three weeks.....

15-5.  Better than I even dared hoped possible.  If we had any semblance of an offense in those three losses against the Giants it could have been 17-3 or even 18-2.

Won 13 of the last 14 games.  19-6 since the All-Star break.  One game out of the Wild Card at the moment.

Now the schedule flips on it’s head.  27 of the next 34 games against teams that would be in the playoffs if they started today.  Put up or shut up time.  Have every chance to make a move.  And every chance to go back to being the Mets.

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, Mavric said:

15-5.  Better than I even dared hoped possible.  If we had any semblance of an offense in those three losses against the Giants it could have been 17-3 or even 18-2.

Won 13 of the last 14 games.  19-6 since the All-Star break.  One game out of the Wild Card at the moment.

Now the schedule flips on it’s head.  27 of the next 34 games against teams that would be in the playoffs if they started today.  Put up or shut up time.  Have every chance to make a move.  And every chance to go back to being the Mets.

Rootin' for ya.  That feeling you get when your team is making a playoff push in baseball is so much fun because you get games on a near daily basis.  

• Plus1 1

Down 0-3

Two HRs to tie it at three

Give up a run in the top of the 9th on a wild pitch 10 feet from the plate to go down 6-3

Two straight hits to start the bottom of the 9th followed by a HR by Frazier to tie it

Two more hits then a two-out laser to the RF wall by Conforto to walk it off

Tied for the second wild card at the moment - 1.5 GB of Washington for the first wild card spot

source.gif

On 8/16/2019 at 9:34 PM, Mavric said:

Did they forget to pack the offense?

Of course. They couldn't hit jack all night other than that first inning when they had a little life. The BABIP gods just killed us. The Royals hit some gaps and that was that.

It amazes me how broken Diaz is right now. I don't think he threw anything except a fastball. He's completely lost the slider. Someone suggested maybe he's got a bone spur or another elbow issue from overwork last season he's pitching through and that makes a lot of sense to me. His delivery is weird - he keeps it pretty close to his body which makes me wonder if he's trying to take stress off his elbow and put more of it on his shoulder. Regardless he's lost right now and should've been demoted to AAA a while ago.

We were deliberating on whether to go to Friday or Saturday night's game. Of course we picked the loss...

On 8/7/2019 at 3:23 PM, Mavric said:

5-4 on the first nine games, six of which were on the road.  Keep that up and it would be in the neighborhood of 19-15 which would be pretty solid.

HUGE home-stand coming up now.  Nine games against Cleveland-Atlanta-Chicago Cubs.  Would be doing well to get another 5-4 out of that set.  

3 hours ago, desertshox said:

on the plus side, your bullpen went 7, struck out 13 and only gave up 1 run.

Bullpen has been much improved since the ASG.

We've only lost 10 of our last 37 games.  4 of those losses are in extra innings while scoring a combined 5 runs over 52 innings.