**Official 2019 Mariners/Mets Misery Thread**

Xmas32

Even though the Mariners are going 162-0 (I hereby request all Ms games are played in Japan) there is a small (not small) chance they are going to be absolutely terrible this year.  ITT my fellow Ms fan shall commiserate with me about how the 'roster reimaging' is going.  I also want to welcome @Mavric to join us, while the Mets are looking up...as Mav well knows they're still the Mets.  I shall also use this thread to alternately go between glee and fury about the Mets/Ms trade from this past year.

• Plus1 1

That DeGrom extension made my day yesterday. The Mets had no business allowing a home grown star to walk or even play unhappy - but I was starting to worry our cheap @ss owners were going to screw up another easy decision.

@Xmas32 Tee hee we got Diaz! Cano actually might not be bad either especially if the NL moves to using a DH in the next couple years as rumors imply.

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

That DeGrom extension made my day yesterday. The Mets had no business allowing a home grown star to walk or even play unhappy - but I was starting to worry our cheap @ss owners were going to screw up another easy decision.

@Xmas32 Tee hee we got Diaz! Cano actually might not be bad either especially if the NL moves to using a DH in the next couple years as rumors imply.

Ugh, yeah watching Diaz get traded away was a stomach punch but I'm glad they were able to get some some pieces of value, plus there was no way to trade the Cano contract on it's own.  I try not to get too high or low on relief pitching because it's so fickle but Diaz sure was fun to have as a late inning weapon.  He was masterful last year.  I do think Cano will be a useful bat for the next couple years as he was always able to hit...not sure how his defense will hold up but hey, not my guy anymore haha.