How's this for a wacky prediction? 2020 Huskers get Zaire Wade AND his dad as an Assistant Coach.

Dwyane Wade announces the upcoming NBA season is his last. His son, Zaire, a player with NBA aspirations, has been offered by Nebraska. Dwyane Wade's wife, Gabrielle Union is a HUGE Nebraska fan. I'm sure the University of Nebraska Foundation and Alumni Association would love to have all three of them.

Does the anticipated Hoiberg to Nebraska change any of that? If anything I would think it would make Nebraska even more attractive for playmakers like Zaire. 

Dwyane was coached by Hoiberg at Chicago and, while apparently he did not appreciate being asked to the Bulls "6th man", he has been public in his praise of Hoiberg since leaving the Bulls. Is it possible that Dwyane would be interested in being on Hoiberg's staff at Nebraska? Front row seats to his son's games. Retired from the NBA. Could be a heck of a recruiter, even if he didn't do the full grind. It's a wild thought, but maybe not that wild if you think about it.

Doesn't seem extremely wild although I'm not sure if he would fit into Hoiberg's plans for assistants. If Zaire is really good then he may make room on staff for Dwayne. I don't see how the coaching change would do anything but make NU look more appealing to recruits.

I saw this article today and was thinking about whether Hoiberg would help us land Zaire.  This quote stuck out to me and is why I could definitely see Wade getting into coaching

“He wants this. He wants to be on this NBA level,” said Wade of his son, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic. “He has the talent, and now we have to give him all the intangibles that he needs to get here. I’m going to do my part, and we’ll see what happens. I want to be around for him.

https://clutchpoints.com/heat-news-dwyane-wade-looking-forward-to-guiding-son-zaire-to-nba-dream/

What better way to do "his part and be around for him" than to coach him at the school he's attending

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

DWade has made $196M in NBA salary (that's not counting all his endorsements).  I'm sure he'd love to take a job for $400k being an assistant coach of a no name basketball school and have to chase around high school AAU kids.

Do you really think the salary would be the issue? If anything, you are making a point about the salary being the least important part of things.

I'm not sure if you realize how much parents today will do to help their kids. If it meant that he could continue to work with his son, and help build a team around him, it could be a win-win-win. (Sure, it is a pipe dream, at this point but whose to say it couldn't happen?)

If Assistant Coach isn't grand enough a title, give him the equivalent of Matt Davison's title: Associate Athletic Director (Basketball).