Hank Bounds Stepping Down

Just now, Lyons in the Sea of Red. said:

That's what my gut tells me too. Could be totally unrelated. But in my interactions with Bounds he has always came across as a genuine man who wouldn't budge an inch in the arena of integrity. 

That, along with the interesting timing regarding our hoops situation and the past few weeks, it doesn't look great. 

Then again, it could just be he's ready to move on. 

Very odd timing. I'm sure he could have waited until after the basketball situation was resolved to announce this. Seems intentional to do on the day many thought a basketball coach would be let go.

Maybe he was a big Miles fan and disagrees with the change?

• Haha 1
Just now, Sker4Ever said:

Very odd timing. I'm sure he could have waited until after the basketball situation was resolved to announce this. Seems intentional to do on the day many thought a basketball coach would be let go.

Maybe he was a big Miles fan and disagrees with the change?

Do you really think the basketball coach being fired would have an impact on the job of the entire University of Nebraska President?

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Do you really think the basketball coach being fired would have an impact on the job of the entire University of Nebraska President?

I'm guessing that could be just part of it. There has been smoke with some of Moos antics. And it's been rumored that the support for him is pretty divided at the upper levels of administration/donors. 

Without having any insight into the situation, I could see whatever is going on around the basketball decision be the straw that broke the camels back for Bounds. 

Just now, SouthLincoln Husker said:

He looks like he has aged 10 years from last year's to this year's picture.  I would image that there is a lot of stress in his job.

It has to suck dealing with the State trying to get funding for the University system, plus I am sure the Board of Regents has people that are pain in the a$$.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Agreed. I dont think there is anything here to do with the athletic department. Read the article from the World-Herald. To me the contract extension in June with no raise after he had been pleading with the state to provide more financial support to the colleges is likely the nail in the coffin. 

Just imagine you were in a job where you had by all accounts gone above and beyond expectations and had gotten several situations resolved and moving in the right direction. Then come year end review time you get a pat on the back and a "hey we are willing to keep you around". 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Lyons in the Sea of Red. said:

I'm guessing that could be just part of it. There has been smoke with some of Moos antics. And it's been rumored that the support for him is pretty divided at the upper levels of administration/donors. 

Without having any insight into the situation, I could see whatever is going on around the basketball decision be the straw that broke the camels back for Bounds. 

Bounds is probably not very involved with the basketball decision.  He is leaving that to Ronnie Green and Bill Moos, because they actually work for the UNL.

• Plus1 2