Hank Bounds Stepping Down

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I would imagine his decision has a lot to do with the aggressively contentious nature of the relationship some state senators have with the University.

Wait, I think you forgot to add something about Football or Basketball.   Just Kidding, I cant imagine what the fight and lobbying with elected officials would be like day to day. 

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I would imagine his decision has a lot to do with the aggressively contentious nature of the relationship some state senators have with the University.

I'm thinking this is much more related to budgetary reasons that athletic reasons. 

• Plus1 3

58 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

My impression has been the exact opposite.  I think this is a big loss for the University System. 

I am biased because most of my affiliations are to East Campus and the Ag Donor folks who think VERY highly of Green.

But, I can tell you that I’ve heard things have not always been completely rosey behind the scenes with certain relationships among those at the helm.  

15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The vague "I saw this coming" tweets from several members of the local media are tedious. You're so connected that you caught wind of stuff coming down the pipe... but you're too worried about losing your connections so you won't tell anyone. Instead, after stuff happens, you nod wisely and say, "Yep, this confirms what I've been hearing for a while..."

That's pretty useful information there, media guy. We all owe you one!  :thumbs

If they report on things, multiple times, and it can’t be confirmed by 2 or more sources and they get it wrong they lose credibility with the public; which is probly worse than losing a source. 

Im glad they don’t report every rumor, unless of course it’s not a rumor and they are, ya know, doing a journalists job and actually digging and investigating that story. 

Sadly, “news” these days seems to be generally from tweets, texts from “sources” and pure conjecture. It’s lazy and annoying. 

Anyway, the fact he’s stepping down in the summer reflect any feelings that maybe he’s just done with his current job? Seems like if he’s really pissed he just does it immediately ...

• Plus1 2