Hank Bounds Stepping Down

The one thing we know for sure, the reason he is stepping down can't be, can't be for the family reasons he claimed. Who's ever heard of putting family ahead of a job that has already paid you enough to retire on? That's just crazy. It has to be for some probably terribly bad reason and all kinds of discord.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
56 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The vague "I saw this coming" tweets from several members of the local media are tedious. You're so connected that you caught wind of stuff coming down the pipe... but you're too worried about losing your connections so you won't tell anyone. Instead, after stuff happens, you nod wisely and say, "Yep, this confirms what I've been hearing for a while..."

That's pretty useful information there, media guy. We all owe you one!

I can't wait for DB to completely avoid going into any kind of detail on tomorrow's show.

44 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

One day, I’d really like Franklin to tell DB where to shove his vagueness. 

That would be the pot calling the kettle black, wouldn't it. 

Edit: the fact that Damon is 'actually' black, is irrelevant to the metaphor.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

The one thing we know for sure, the reason he is stepping down can't be, can't be for the family reasons he claimed. Who's ever heard of putting family ahead of a job that has already paid you enough to retire on? That's just crazy. It has to be for some probably terribly bad reason and all kinds of discord.

.... or he has kids and he wants to spend time with them? He's young. 

But yeah, what's already been said - he hates the state legislature and they hate him. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I can't wait for DB to completely avoid going into any kind of detail on tomorrow's show.

That would be the pot calling the kettle black, wouldn't it. 

Edit: the fact that Damon is 'actually' black, is irrelevant to the metaphor.

LOL.

27 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

I rarely listen to S&B, but when I have, I’ve heard the “Franklin” references — what’s that all about?  I’ve never understood it.  (Not that I care, but since you brought it up ...)

He uses the term towards his co-host when he’s trying to make a point. To me, it just comes off as immature, belittling and very unbecoming.

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The radio guys especially LOVE sort of saying something and then having each other host throughout the day confirm that they have also heard something that they also can't confirm right now.

Hey, I know where DB is coming from. I also heard rumblings of this Bounds deal from inside sources but I didn't feel comfortable sharing but, now that it's out there, yeah, I knew all about it. Lars and I had this one pegged from the git go. ;)

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

I rarely listen to S&B, but when I have, I’ve heard the “Franklin” references — what’s that all about?  I’ve never understood it.  (Not that I care, but since you brought it up ...)

1 hour ago, HuskerNBigD said:

He uses the term towards his co-host when he’s trying to make a point. To me, it just comes off as immature, belittling and very unbecoming.

It is an inside joke on the show. A caller during one of the Big Red Overreaction segments called Gary, “Gary Franklin Sharp” because his middle name starts with a “F”. Damon and others (like guest hosts and weekly interviewees) call Gary that as a lighthearted term of endearment.

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

The vague "I saw this coming" tweets from several members of the local media are tedious. You're so connected that you caught wind of stuff coming down the pipe... but you're too worried about losing your connections so you won't tell anyone. Instead, after stuff happens, you nod wisely and say, "Yep, this confirms what I've been hearing for a while..."

That's pretty useful information there, media guy. We all owe you one!  :thumbs

Yeah, that is a trait in the Husker media I find deplorable. The one phrase that I hear a lot from Husker media on the radio and in podcasts is “it does not surprise me”. You are not viewed as smart or insightful or even good at your job when you pretend to have forecasted something to never addresses previously. Just makes them sound unprepared and stupid.

1 hour ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

It is an inside joke on the show. A caller during one of the Big Red Overreaction segments called Gary, “Gary Franklin Sharp” because his middle name starts with a “F”. Damon and others (like guest hosts and weekly interviewees) call Gary that as a lighthearted term of endearment.

In that case I’m a F(reaking) idiot. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, HuskerNBigD said:

I think it’s because Gary’s middle name either starts with F or is Franklin. 

Gary does the same to Damon whose middle name starts with an M, but he will call him Damon Maurice Benning.