seaofred92

Tim Miles Officially Fired

19 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Good man, poor coach. Godspeed. 

I wouldn't say he was a poor coach, he just do a good enough job.  Most coaches end up getting fired from their job.

• Plus1 1

Tim Miles brought a renewed enthusiasm and high expectations for Husker basketball. Sadly, he was unable to meet those expectations. I wish him well and thank him for his time and efforts at Nebraska.

• Plus1 7
  • Upvote 1

Hats off to Tim for running a respectable program, for really embracing Lincoln and the University and representing it so well. Right decision to let him go but man he was there for some amazing all-time school memories. #NoSitSunday against Wisconsin is the coolest sporting event environment I've ever been a part of.

Good luck down the road Tim.

• Plus1 4
  • Upvote 2

Well said Knapp and Landlord. +1 to both of you!

And +1 to Tim Miles, for embracinng being a Husker and doing things above board! 

Best to you Coach Miles, I am sure you will land on your feet. 

• Plus1 1

Love to run into him at bar and just BS with him over a beer.  Seems to be prefect for that.  

As we say in Hawaii   

Laki Makika’i and a hui hou.  

Good luck till we meet again  

I’m laughing at all these idiots on twitter acting like Miles is great coach and that it’s stupid we are firing him.  I guess since we have never been successful as a basketball program, we should be okay with staying mediocre forever. 

Yeah, good luck to Tim. I really liked him and he did a lot of good things for our traditionally weak b-ball program. He represented the University well and did nothing but help improve the program. Unfortunately he was just unable to get the team competing at an acceptable level. I feel bad that he wasn’t able to lead us further but it was definitely time for a change. I wish him well.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, good luck to Tim. I really liked him and he did a lot of good things for our traditionally weak b-ball program. He represented the University well and did nothing but help improve the program. Unfortunately he was just unable to get the team competing at an acceptable level. I feel bad that he wasn’t able to lead us further but it was definitely time for a change. I wish him well.

Exactly my feelings and thoughts.   I look forward to a change, but if Miles had been retained, I wouldn't have given it much thought either.  I did like him a lot.

Mistake.  The program is better now than when he began.

He should have received a three year contract moving forward. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jeepy said:

I like Coach Miles but we need to try someone else at this point. Seven years in we should be further along than this. To his credit he left us better than he found us.

1 hour ago, Jeepy said:

Tim Miles was 116-114 as Nebraska head coach, with a 52-76 record in-conference. 

Doc Sadler was 101-89 as Nebraska HC, with a 34-64 record in-conference

Barry Collier was 89-91 as Nebraska HC, with a 36-60 record in-conference. 

Conclusion: the program is in the exact same position it has been in since 2000. Miles is an incredibly good guy, and a good ambassador for the university, but no, he did not deserve a 3 year contract. 

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Tim Miles was 116-114 as Nebraska head coach, with a 52-76 record in-conference. 

Doc Sadler was 101-89 as Nebraska HC, with a 34-64 record in-conference

Barry Collier was 89-91 as Nebraska HC, with a 36-60 record in-conference. 

Conclusion: the program is in the exact same position it has been in since 2000. Miles is an incredibly good guy, and a good ambassador for the university, but no, he did not deserve a 3 year contract

I'm not the world's biggest college basketball fan, but I watched every Husker game this non conference season into the conference collapse buying into the hype of a 3 or 4 seed in the Tournament.

Those records are eye opening.  Even though I live in Des Moines, I listen to Lincoln's 93.7 The Tickets Early Break With Sipp and Jake driving to work and Sipp was right when he said why can't that be Nebraska as a 3 or 4 seed every year? The attendance and facilities (both PBA and practice) are in place to make it happen.  Just need the coach to make it happen.

If Miles decides to go the TV route the amount of money he's going to make as an analyst is going to make his coaching salary look like a rounding error.

A very a good man, who I wish nothing but the best for going forward. Now let’s turn the page, get our guy and take Nebraska basketball to new heights. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Bigred_inSD said:

Miles to SDSU

South Dakota State or San Diego??   South Dakota State is my old school.

I thought Husker BB had disbanded a couple of years ago.  Seriously .......  Huskers BB always have been, always will be ..... sucks.  I bet next head coach will continue losing record.  HC sacrifice.  

3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

South Dakota State or San Diego??   South Dakota State is my old school.

I was born and raised in Sioux Falls.  Jackrabbits recently had a powerhouse winning records.  He was born in Doland SD .... less than 100 miles away from SDSU campus, but unlikely Miles to SDSU. 

14 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

I was born and raised in Sioux Falls.  Jackrabbits recently had a powerhouse winning records.  He was born in Doland SD .... less than 100 miles away from SDSU campus, but unlikely Miles to SDSU. 

I'm a Parker Pheasant (my BB coach Hoover was at one time the winning-est  BB coach in SD and a regional nat'l coach of the year in 74. But we never won the state championship)  and attended SDSU in the mid 70s & spent a lot of time in SF.  Most of my family lives in SF.    By the way, I see you live in Norman  - do you go to the Okla Cornhusker Club in OKC? If not, PM me and I'll give you the details.  The club started in Tulsa.

:backtotopic  Sorry for the personal rabbit trail between me and HOH.   I hope the Huskers can land Fred or some other rising star.  There is no reason why we cannot compete in the Big 10 with our facilities and backing.   Miles raised the level from where we were and was a class act, time to take the next step up the ladder. 

On 3/28/2019 at 8:23 AM, TGHusker said:

I'm a Parker Pheasant (my BB coach Hoover was at one time the winning-est  BB coach in SD and a regional nat'l coach of the year in 74. But we never won the state championship)  and attended SDSU in the mid 70s & spent a lot of time in SF.  Most of my family lives in SF.    By the way, I see you live in Norman  - do you go to the Okla Cornhusker Club in OKC? If not, PM me and I'll give you the details.  The club started in Tulsa.

:backtotopic  Sorry for the personal rabbit trail between me and HOH.   I hope the Huskers can land Fred or some other rising star.  There is no reason why we cannot compete in the Big 10 with our facilities and backing.   Miles raised the level from where we were and was a class act, time to take the next step up the ladder. 

My brother-in-law used to be a co-owner in Thunder Dragways in Parker (actually Marion I believe).  My brother and sister still lives in SF.  Completely different city.

One time I attended Cornhusker Club "meeting" in OKC.  Non-member. 

Hmmm ... Tulsa?  My daughter lives in Broken Arrow.  She is a BIG NU fan ....... and believe it or not, she was a OU grad !

my daughter's sons (my grandsons)

YsAnTqn.png

:backtotopic.  I admit I didn't really follow UNL BB history but Collier and Sadler was higher level backgrounds than Miles ??   Both failed (UNL HC) .... ala MR.  And Callahan too.  Anyway how about rehire Danny Nee ..... still alive?  Or John Cook ;)

20 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Tim Miles is the new Associate Athletic Director at Creighton.  Thanks Creighton for saving the Huskers some money.

Smh. 

I'll give you a hint, it's April 1st.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Tim Miles is the new Associate Athletic Director at Creighton.  Thanks Creighton for saving the Huskers some money.

I have some beach front property that I may be willing to sell you.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Anyway, April Fools...

It was a slow morning.:D

The ol "I am going to pretend i didnt bite for this story" move.

Bold strategy.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

The ol "I am going to pretend i didnt bite for this story" move.

Bold strategy.

No one will ever know, April Fools at the bottom of the article is hard not to see!

20 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

No one will ever know, April Fools at the bottom of the article is hard not to see!

What about the "Look at the calendar first" right under the title?

4 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Who reads an article before sharing?

I honestly just share without reading it based on the headline.

Dont blame me, I am a millennial.  GIVE ME A RIBBON. 

3 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Who reads an article before sharing?

I honestly just share without reading it based on the headline.

Dont blame me, I am a millennial.  GIVE ME A RIBBON. 

ME!:cheers

31 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Minnesota paper met with Miles. Nothing too insightful but in case anyone wanted to check in on Timmy

http://www.startribune.com/the-long-drive-ex-nebraska-coach-tim-miles-on-getting-fired-and-what-comes-next/508388732/

I would love to see Miles end up somewhere and have some success. I'm not sure where that will be, but I'll be interested to see if he coaches Division 1 again.

Tim Miles won the Good Guy of the Year Award on The Ringer's One Shining Podcast (college basketball podcast) and is interviewed by the hosts.  I like OSP and Miles talks about his firing and the past year at NU. 

4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Tim Miles won the Good Guy of the Year Award on The Ringer's One Shining Podcast (college basketball podcast) and is interviewed by the hosts.  I like OSP and Miles talks about his firing and the past year at NU. 

Link?