Tim Miles

29 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, good luck to Tim. I really liked him and he did a lot of good things for our traditionally weak b-ball program. He represented the University well and did nothing but help improve the program. Unfortunately he was just unable to get the team competing at an acceptable level. I feel bad that he wasn’t able to lead us further but it was definitely time for a change. I wish him well.

Exactly my feelings and thoughts.   I look forward to a change, but if Miles had been retained, I wouldn't have given it much thought either.  I did like him a lot.

8 minutes ago, Jeepy said:

Mistake.  The program is better now than when he began.

He should have received a three year contract moving forward. 

I like Coach Miles but we need to try someone else at this point. Seven years in we should be further along than this. To his credit he left us better than he found us.

1 hour ago, Jeepy said:

Mistake.  The program is better now than when he began.

He should have received a three year contract moving forward. 

Tim Miles was 116-114 as Nebraska head coach, with a 52-76 record in-conference. 

Doc Sadler was 101-89 as Nebraska HC, with a 34-64 record in-conference

Barry Collier was 89-91 as Nebraska HC, with a 36-60 record in-conference. 

Conclusion: the program is in the exact same position it has been in since 2000. Miles is an incredibly good guy, and a good ambassador for the university, but no, he did not deserve a 3 year contract. 

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
16 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Tim Miles was 116-114 as Nebraska head coach, with a 52-76 record in-conference. 

Doc Sadler was 101-89 as Nebraska HC, with a 34-64 record in-conference

Barry Collier was 89-91 as Nebraska HC, with a 36-60 record in-conference. 

Conclusion: the program is in the exact same position it has been in since 2000. Miles is an incredibly good guy, and a good ambassador for the university, but no, he did not deserve a 3 year contract

I'm not the world's biggest college basketball fan, but I watched every Husker game this non conference season into the conference collapse buying into the hype of a 3 or 4 seed in the Tournament.

Those records are eye opening.  Even though I live in Des Moines, I listen to Lincoln's 93.7 The Tickets Early Break With Sipp and Jake driving to work and Sipp was right when he said why can't that be Nebraska as a 3 or 4 seed every year? The attendance and facilities (both PBA and practice) are in place to make it happen.  Just need the coach to make it happen.

• Mavric changed the title to Tim Miles