Tim Miles

• 3 weeks later...

Hats off to Tim Miles, the commissioner of Houston’s regional camp, who was hopping around from site to site like he had just ingested 10 bottles of Mountain Dew. He and his peers were not put into the best position to make this camp work, with cannons already ablaze because of the criticism geared toward it. Drills and games were nailed down to the minute, with everything beginning and ending on time. That was definitely welcomed with open arms by everyone on hand.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/ncaa-regional-camp-in-houston-the-good-bad-and-ugly

• Plus1 2
  • 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, GSG said:

And he's still getting paid by DONU, right? 

We're paying him through March, 2021. Total of $2.52 million in monthly installments of $105,000.

I'm sure there's a clause in that buyout that says our payment will be mitigated if he gets another coaching gig, but I'm not sure how a TV gig affects that.  Likely the same.

• 2 weeks later...

37 minutes ago, GSG said:

I guess I'm a little confused about Miles' new gig. Is he on their studio shows or what? 

With most "analysts" they are both.  Sometimes they are the color guy sitting on the sideline with the play by play announcer & sometimes they will be in the studio analyzing what happened.  They used to be separate gigs, but now networks want to get more for their money.

• Mavric changed the title to Tim Miles
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...