Hoiberg Assistants

I read that Moos said Hoilberg should have his staff completed by early this next week.  He's looking for a coach that can head up the defense and that coach are coming here to coach now and not with the idea they are here to step up to the next level.  He said with our facilities the coach will be able to recruit anyone here to play!

On 4/5/2019 at 4:03 PM, MNBigRedNorth said:

I read that Moos said Hoilberg should have his staff completed by early this next week. 

Did you read it in Mavric's post on this page? :thumbs

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
On 4/5/2019 at 10:18 AM, SouthLincoln Husker said:

This makes think that Hoiberg wanted him for a player development position instead of a bench coach.

Correct.  Was gonna be Scout/prep, not one of the three assistants.  Also wouldn’t recruit.  Kinda like what Miles did to Chin when hired.  

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Word is this is a real possibility.  But not sure if it's for an assistant coaching spot or a "special assistant".

Dont we have two spots technically open? I know most assume Gates is filling one but curious how everything else shakes out.

I know the talk has been a stud defensive coach and then I assume the other two need to be strong recruiters(Matt and Gates both fill that)