Hoiberg Assistants

49 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I believe I saw last week that Matt Abdelmassih would be a top candidate.  Was with Fred at Iowa State.

From inside the lock box on the Hail Varsity insider site:

MEMBER:  Unless something has drastically changed over the past 7-10 days, Hoiberg is in, as are multiple assistants.

STAFF:  That appears to be the case. Just got another tip about how it is definitely happening.

I will be curious the staff we assemble over the next few weeks. Gotta believe we will be up and running in no time with some great prospects. How cool would it be to make Dwayne Wade Dir of Basketball Operations?  Can not do any worse than Mark B

1 hour ago, Vizsla1 said:

I will be curious the staff we assemble over the next few weeks. Gotta believe we will be up and running in no time with some great prospects. How cool would it be to make Dwayne Wade Dir of Basketball Operations?  Can not do any worse than Mark B

What would make DWade qualified for that?

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

It does seem silly to me, but at least Dwyane Wade is a Nebraska fan and won't just be a fan of the current coach. He's been and will be around the program for years.

His son only has 1 D1 offer at the moment. I think that will change, but people act like he is a 5* That being said I would take him and Johnson Jr was always overrated. 

He will bring in a JC guy, now if that means a current JC coach or a connected JC guy I don't know but he will do that for sure.  

I don't think he will worry all that much about "good recruiters" in the traditional sense, I think he will live in the JC and transfer world (getting bigger and better each year), a much easier area to operate.

• Plus1 1
49 minutes ago, teachercd said:

He will bring in a JC guy, now if that means a current JC coach or a connected JC guy I don't know but he will do that for sure.  

I don't think he will worry all that much about "good recruiters" in the traditional sense, I think he will live in the JC and transfer world (getting bigger and better each year), a much easier area to operate.

Well, funny you should say... 

18 hours ago, Mavric said:

I believe I saw last week that Matt Abdelmassih would be a top candidate.  Was with Fred at Iowa State.

is regarded as one of the best transfer recruiters in college ball right now. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Well, funny you should say... 

is regarded as one of the best transfer recruiters in college ball right now. 

I am brilliant!

The transfer world is going to be the new hot thing and as of right now, totally lawless (I mean that in a good way) in terms of recruiting.  No handlers, no street agents, no AAU coaches...it is open season.