Hoiberg Assistants

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I am brilliant!

The transfer world is going to be the new hot thing and as of right now, totally lawless (I mean that in a good way) in terms of recruiting.  No handlers, no street agents, no AAU coaches...it is open season.

Build a solid base of talent with 4-year guys and then bring in 1-2 difference makers in transfers each year and that’s a quality team. Miles had a similar strategy, he just never had the base of 4-year talent which was developed and able to create depth. 

11 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Build a solid base of talent with 4-year guys and then bring in 1-2 difference makers in transfers each year and that’s a quality team. Miles had a similar strategy, he just never had the base of 4-year talent which was developed and able to create depth. 

His issue was not getting an above avg. big man.  Once Borchardt was forced into action, we got a little better.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Out of the gate for the 1st couple years Hoiberg will go heavy on the JUCO's, then transition to the longer term depth. Expect him to take risks on guys that may not be the most upstanding citizens. That could be a little uncomfortable for this fanbase. However, if you want to win and win quickly its a necessity and you have to be ok with it for a little while.

Good read here.

Key statement: “We did, no doubt, take some risks,” says assistant coach Matt Abdelmassih. “But we did our due diligence, we got all our background work, and we determined that the rewards were a lot greater than those risks.”

52 minutes ago, billdozer15 said:

Out of the gate for the 1st couple years Hoiberg will go heavy on the JUCO's, then transition to the longer term depth. Expect him to take risks on guys that may not be the most upstanding citizens. That could be a little uncomfortable for this fanbase. However, if you want to win and win quickly its a necessity and you have to be ok with it for a little while.

Good read here.

Key statement: “We did, no doubt, take some risks,” says assistant coach Matt Abdelmassih. “But we did our due diligence, we got all our background work, and we determined that the rewards were a lot greater than those risks.”

Living on Jucos to get started makes absolutely no sense, unless its for immediate help to get a big man.  Miles has some talent here and others coming in that sounds like they are staying committed to the Huskers.  

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Living on Jucos to get started makes absolutely no sense, unless its for immediate help to get a big man.  Miles has some talent here and others coming in that sounds like they are staying committed to the Huskers.  

I didn't necessarily mean "live" on Jucos. But I wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3 of them in his first couple years. There will be transfers out regardless and Miles may have left some talent but that talent may not necessarily fit what Hoiberg wants to do either. Just understand Hoiberg will take chances on low character guys to get the ball rolling.......and I'm OK with that. He's proven in the respect to be able to get troubled guys to stay somewhat out of trouble and play solid basketball. (ex. Royce White)

3 minutes ago, billdozer15 said:

I didn't necessarily mean "live" on Jucos. But I wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3 of them in his first couple years. There will be transfers out regardless and Miles may have left some talent but that talent may not necessarily fit what Hoiberg wants to do either. Just understand Hoiberg will take chances on low character guys to get the ball rolling.......and I'm OK with that. He's proven in the respect to be able to get troubled guys to stay somewhat out of trouble and play solid basketball. (ex. Royce White)

:(  We are not Iowa St. and we are not thug U.  We have always prided ourselves on being a step above others when it comes to doing things the right way.  Low character and kids that have made a mistake are different.  You sound like you want to win without tradition & class!  Sorry I do not agree with you!

• Fire 1
35 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

:(  We are not Iowa St. and we are not thug U.  We have always prided ourselves on being a step above others when it comes to doing things the right way.  Low character and kids that have made a mistake are different.  You sound like you want to win without tradition & class!  Sorry I do not agree with you!

That's alright, we don't have to agree. We can both agree we want to win though. How we win doesn't really matter to me.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

His son only has 1 D1 offer at the moment. I think that will change, but people act like he is a 5* That being said I would take him and Johnson Jr was always overrated. 

Zaire Wade currently has 3 offers. Nebraska was first, followed by University of Miami, and Michigan St.

16 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

You must not have witnessed Nebraska football in the 90's...

• Plus1 3
21 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

You must not have witnessed Nebraska football in the 90's...

We took kids all over the country & no social media.  Yes, we had kids who had problems after they got here. Like Washington, but we never took a kid that I can remember who had a lot of prior issues. Thugs went to Miami u.  Bringing thugs to Lincoln will not make the majority happy.

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

We took kids all over the country & no social media.  Yes, we had kids who had problems after they got here. Like Washington, but we never took a kid that I can remember who had a lot of prior issues. Thugs went to Miami u.  Bringing thugs to Lincoln will not make the majority happy.

Win a National Championship and the majority would be happy.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1