ILB Malik Reed [Wisconsin - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

39 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Reed commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Really strange to read these comments ...

"Said he liked Nebraska more than his 3 previous official visits with other schools.   Also asked another player if the coaches 'were like this all the time' and they responded yes.  Said he really liked the coaches.  Said he really liked the city of Lincoln and that everyone was nice and genuine and it was more than he thought it was going to be.  Says he can tell that the current players really like playing for the coaches and he could tell they were having fun doing it."

... and then to read Leana's comments.

Well, still hopeful to find our best guys.

6 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Really strange to read these comments ...

"Said he liked Nebraska more than his 3 previous official visits with other schools.   Also asked another player if the coaches 'were like this all the time' and they responded yes.  Said he really liked the coaches.  Said he really liked the city of Lincoln and that everyone was nice and genuine and it was more than he thought it was going to be.  Says he can tell that the current players really like playing for the coaches and he could tell they were having fun doing it."

... and then to read Leana's comments.

Well, still hopeful to find our best guys.

Who’s Leana?

3 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

That lady in the pic with him is my guess ... she said, "Nebraska has a very special coaching situation! Thank you for a very warm recruiting visit, especially Coach Rudd, easy to see he is a solid mentor for the team. #blackshirts #rockemreed #3letsgooo."  

My guess is that is his Mom?  

Ah, I didn’t see tha tweet with the name.  Thanks for clarifying.

14 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Still have 3 other ILBs on the board....Choe, Bratton, and Curtis. 

All of which are higher ranked. At the end of the day we are losing a .86 3star in June. I have faith in Ruud and co. I expect some bigger names to be in the boat when it's all said and done.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

I'm leaning towards the fact he is keeping his social media the same until he announces. He has shared, liked and retweeted things from multiple recruits visits/offers from his favorites recently.

Twitter is a funny place.

Wisconsin received a commitment from Jordan Turner yesterday, which led to Malik Reed tweeting 30 minutes later that his "mind" is made up.  Reed's mom responded to Turner's commit tweet, which received likes from Bobby April (Wisconsin OLB coach) and Jensen Gebhardt, who is a Recruiting Assistant at Wisconsin and sends out cryptic tweets (i.e. #BadgerBoiz20) before a commit happens.

As it stands, and after the Turner commitment, Wisconsin is waiting on two more 2020 commits, one of which was on an OV this weekend and a 2021 commit.  Should be an interesting week.

2 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

All of which are higher ranked. At the end of the day we are losing a .86 3star in June. I have faith in Ruud and co. I expect some bigger names to be in the boat when it's all said and done.

More times than not, rankings are relative.  Wisconsin has had seven LBs drafted since Paul Chryst became HC in 2015 - these dudes know who they're looking for.  Malik Reed had plenty of P5 opportunities, especially from the Pac-12.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, badgers007 said:

More times than not, rankings are relative.  Wisconsin has had seven LBs drafted since Paul Chryst became HC in 2015 - these dudes know who they're looking for.  Malik Reed had plenty of P5 opportunities, especially from the Pac-12.

I cringe when people say 'well these guys are ranked higher.' If we are scrapping for this guys commitment now, he is high on our board period. Recruiting rankings don't matter that much at this point I find anyway.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to ILB Malik Reed [Wisconsin - Signed LOI]