ILB Malik Reed [Wisconsin - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

39 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Reed commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, badgers007 said:

Gary Andersen was doing his best to alter the direction of the Wisconsin program, which did not sit well with fans or the Athletic Department, including Barry Alvarez.  The in-state walk-on program was starting to dry (HS coaches were vocal about their displeasure of the way Andersen maintained relationships in-state), he was accepting commits that would never be admitted (part of the reason he left for Oregon State), and the structure of the roster (i.e. lighter OL, dual-threat QB) would never work long-term.  There is a reason that Alvarez, explicitly, said "Paul saved our program..."  Sure, there is hyperbole at play, but there is little-doubt the direction that Alvarez knew the program needed to go and Andersen wasn't the best fit.  He's talked about this at length.  Simply, Chryst is a coach that understands the foundation that has made Wisconsin successful and has rebuilt the walk-on program (i.e. securing PWO commits with offers from MAC programs), replenished OL depth, and recruited kids that he can get into school.  The only one that was ever denied admission was Jordan Stevenson, an Andersen commit.

Last season was total dysfunction at Wisconsin.  Injuries decimated the Wisconsin defense (i.e. Garrett Rand, Isaiahh Loudermilk, D'Cota Dixon), Quintez Cephus and Danny Davis were caught in legal trouble, and there were rumors about Alex Hornibrook that helped contribute to his departure.  These types of circumstances are, often, out of the coach's control, but can be fixable.  Still, the Badgers somehow won eight games.

Don't think you're a hater, at all.  Simply, as an outsider, you see everything from the macro-level.

Thanks for the insight.  I enjoy stuff like this.

I think we are ready to finally give you guys a game this year, looking forward to it! :cheers

4 hours ago, bugeater17 said:

Tough loss. But still have some talented ILB on the board with Bryant-Srother (who I really like), Curtis, Coleman, and Lewis. Also, if we are able to land Gunnerson he may be a better fit inside after he gets with Duval. 

I don't see anything about Gunnerson that makes him an ILB. If anything he'll outgrow OLB and end up a DE. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to ILB Malik Reed [Wisconsin - Signed LOI]
  • 1 year later...