Thomas Allen

3 minutes ago, RednWhite said:

Actually the transfer portal does not preclude kids from returning to their current team. He could test the waters and see where he might be able to transfer to and know by the time a new coach is named if he wants to stay.

I know.  Was going off first tweets that just said transferring, nothing about the portal.  Still think he could end up back east no matter the hire

• Mavric changed the title to Thomas Allen transferring?

Smart move by Thomas to see what is out there. I think once Fred comes in, he can convince him to stay but no knock at looking.

If Thomas can stay healthy he and Burke could be a pretty solid backcourt. I wouldnt mind letting him play more off-ball and get a true PG. I doubt Mika Adams-Woods can help much to start.

We obviously have some depth at the off guard/wing with Burke, Akenten(I assume he transfers), Jervay Green, Amir Harris, Karrington Davis. No idea what we do with the bigs. 

Will be interesting to see how many spots truly open up. I think we end up losing Akenten and 1 more. No idea on Roby but me thinks he might just come back.

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Smart move by Thomas to see what is out there. I think once Fred comes in, he can convince him to stay but no knock at looking.

If Thomas can stay healthy he and Burke could be a pretty solid backcourt. I wouldnt mind letting him play more off-ball and get a true PG. I doubt Mika Adams-Woods can help much to start.

We obviously have some depth at the off guard/wing with Burke, Akenten(I assume he transfers), Jervay Green, Amir Harris, Karrington Davis. No idea what we do with the bigs. 

Will be interesting to see how many spots truly open up. I think we end up losing Akenten and 1 more. No idea on Roby but me thinks he might just come back.

If FH is the coach and with his nba experience it would benefit Roby to stay. Currently he’s a 2nd round pick, with another year and FH nba knowledge he could move up into the first round 

Gotta do what ya gotta do....

but i I don’t understand it. 

You,re a quick theee point shooter with a chance to play for a big time coach that just said he wants an up tempo offense and loves shooting threes. He’s put multiple players in the nba in a short period of time. .

Basketball players are strange people. 

• Plus1 4
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Gotta do what ya gotta do....

but i I don’t understand it. 

You,re a quick theee point shooter with a chance to play for a big time coach that just said he wants an up tempo offense and loves shooting threes. He’s put multiple players in the nba in a short period of time. .

Basketball players are strange people. 

Yeah, I understand having an attachment to your teammates and the coaches you played for but I don't get passing on the opportunity to play for Hoiberg, in a system that would be beneficial for him and the obvious NBA track. 

Maybe he just wants to play another season of street ball with no offensive system to learn or work to put in??? Oh well, good luck.

14 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, I understand having an attachment to your teammates and the coaches you played for but I don't get passing on the opportunity to play for Hoiberg, in a system that would be beneficial for him and the obvious NBA track. 

Maybe he just wants to play another season of street ball with no offensive system to learn or work to put in??? Oh well, good luck.

The stupid thing is that he still won’t be playing for the same coaches and probably will sit out a year. 

Oh well...opens up a spot for Fred to go get someone else. 

• seaofred92 changed the title to Thomas Allen