Thomas Allen

3 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

That is fine. He is doing what he thinks is best for him. 1 more guy Hoiberg can bring in

People keep saying this... but depth was already our issue. 

Any guy Hoiberg brings in at this point is a transfer who needs to sit. 

I guess the NCAA has been generous lately... 

5 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

People keep saying this... but depth was already our issue. 

Any guy Hoiberg brings in at this point is a transfer who needs to sit. 

I guess the NCAA has been generous lately... 

Not if they’re a grad transfer. 

Look, it might suck for a year. But, I’d rather have a good coach than pander to kids who want to move on. 

Hell, play walk ons for a year for all I care. 

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Look, it might suck for a year. But, I’d rather have a good coach than pander to kids who want to move on. 

Maybe he didn’t like hearing he would have to work hard. Not sure what it was like under Miles 

51 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Agreed. But don't s#!t on a player who stuck it out all year long. Wish him the BOL and hope for the best. 

7 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Agreed. But don't s#!t on a player who stuck it out all year long. Wish him the BOL and hope for the best. 

Who's s#!tting on him? We all wish him luck, but we still can reserve the right to think his decision is odd too

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

No matter how great a coach the fans may think Hoiberg is, I won’t begrudge any player who decides to transfer. Allen was recruited by Hunter, who left before this past season. Miles is gone, and a number of Allen’s teammates are also graduating from the team. That’s a lot of relationships and Allen probably feels uneasy about where he fits in at NU going forward. Players have to do what’s best for them. I won’t ever be upset at a player for transferring. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

No matter how great a coach the fans may think Hoiberg is, I won’t begrudge any player who decides to transfer. Allen was recruited by Hunter, who left before this past season. Miles is gone, and a number of Allen’s teammates are also graduating from the team. That’s a lot of relationships and Allen probably feels uneasy about where he fits in at NU going forward. Players have to do what’s best for them. I won’t ever be upset at a player for transferring. 

And he is long way from home.

17 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

And he is long way from home.

This is the biggest reason.  Said in another thread even if Fred was hired I’d see Allen heading back to the east coast.

Sucks because he was the best pure, natural shooter coming back.  He, like Roby took a backseat too often to the Palmer/Watson brick-a-thon.  Also a very good defender.

But these kids have to do what they feel is best for them, and I think the distance was a factor far more than who the coach is with Tom.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

This is the biggest reason.  Said in another thread even if Fred was hired I’d see Allen heading back to the east coast.

Sucks because he was the best pure, natural shooter coming back.  He, like Roby took a backseat too often to the Palmer/Watson brick-a-thon.  Also a very good defender.

But these kids have to do what they feel is best for them, and I think the distance was a factor far more than who the coach is with Tom.

He lost his boys and this was the perfect opportunity to start fresh.  He was closest with Gill and Cope and with Gill done last year and Cope done this year along with the coaching change, well it makes sense.  

• Plus1 1
  • seaofred92 changed the title to Thomas Allen