Thomas Allen

Wish Allen luck going forward.  Hopefully it ends up being a good decision for both.   I'm guessing Fred could have retained him if he wanted to.   I don't think it's a coincidence that he waited till today to make this announcement.   They have obviously talked...  

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wish nothing but the best for the kid. I can still question why. 

And he doesn’t owe any NU fans answers why.  Going forward, NU basketball is going to gain players from transfers and it’s going to lose players to transfers. Sometimes, it’s not worth asking “why” and just let the kids/young men live their own lives. 

26 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Because he is losing relationships to the players and coaches he was closest, and it’s a good opportunity to start fresh. Haven’t you ever been in a work situation where people you have been close to are no longer around, so you start to look at other options?

Actually ....no. 

21 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

And he doesn’t owe any NU fans answers why.  Going forward, NU basketball is going to gain players from transfers and it’s going to lose players to transfers. Sometimes, it’s not worth asking “why” and just let the kids/young men live their own lives. 

Didn’t say he owed us an answer. 

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Actually ....no.  

Then it sounds like you aren’t able to empathize with Allen’s situation then and understand what he’s going through. Heck, most of us don’t fully understand what’s going on with Allen’s decision, but most of us are able to understand reasons why Allen is making his decision. 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Then it sounds like you aren’t able to empathize with Allen’s situation then and understand what he’s going through. Heck, most of us don’t fully understand what’s going on with Allen’s decision, but most of us are able to understand reasons why Allen is making his decision. 

Congrats on your enlightenment.

Allen would have benefited with Hoiberg ten fold over what Miles did offensively - which has already been stated. This makes no sense to me, but let's be honest, Allen isn't playing in the NBA. He's a 6'0 shooting guard...I just feel like I did when Riley left, outside of Roby, I don't care who leaves this team. Fred will be on the road real hard shortly getting anyone he can for this upcoming season and a few kids who will have to sit a year. 

1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

Allen would have benefited with Hoiberg ten fold over what Miles did offensively - which has already been stated. This makes no sense to me, but let's be honest, Allen isn't playing in the NBA. He's a 6'0 shooting guard...I just feel like I did when Riley left, outside of Roby, I don't care who leaves this team. Fred will be on the road real hard shortly getting anyone he can for this upcoming season and a few kids who will have to sit a year. 

Another possibility in Allen's mind is that he would have to be competing all over again for his spot in the rotation.  Obviously, he was well thought of by Miles, as Allen was a regular starter this past season.  With a JUCO point guard signed and other guard recruits coming in, maybe Allen was worried about being pushed out of the regular rotation.  This is just a guess, and it shouldn't be viewed as a negative on Allen.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Another possibility in Allen's mind is that he would have to be competing all over again for his spot in the rotation.  Obviously, he was well thought of by Miles, as Allen was a regular starter this past season.  With a JUCO point guard signed and other guard recruits coming in, maybe Allen was worried about being pushed out of the regular rotation.  This is just a guess, and it shouldn't be viewed as a negative on Allen.

This is for sure a possibility. For being a SG he knows that Green is a sure starter and he knows a few kids will be brought in as well. 

6 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

I get having to make the best decision possible for your own future, but the thing that grinds my gears is the rumors that he skipped his meeting with Hoiberg and wouldn't even sit down with him. 

Again this decision was probably made before the year ended and was gonna happen regardless of who was going to be the coach next year.  And adds up to some grumblings I heard throughout the year.

Also Green isn’t that sure of a thing still.   There is a school out west that could very much be in play.  And he absolutely chose NU for Miles

4 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

Again this decision was probably made before the year ended and was gonna happen regardless of who was going to be the coach next year.  And adds up to some grumblings I heard throughout the year.

Also Green isn’t that sure of a thing still.   There is a school out west that could very much be in play.  And he absolutely chose NU for Miles

Agreed on Allen. He was gone weather it was Miles or a new coach, unless we re-hired Kenya Hunter. 

• seaofred92 changed the title to Thomas Allen