WR William Nixon

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

36 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Nixon commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

Seems like an equivalent prospect to Watts. This is one of the things that gives this staff good recruiting success. They have multiple options, never being left in the cold when one recruit commits less where.

I like your typo.

Notre Dame = lesswhere, not elsewhere.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, cheekygeek said:

D--bTi5X4AAUgkL.jpg

So here is the problem with this image. It depicts the stadium emerging from the middle of a cornfield, which is exactly the stereotype that Nebraska battles against in recruiting. Heck, I won't be surprised if some prospects think that is a real picture.

All that context aside, I personally like it. Just may convey the wrong message.

14 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

So here is the problem with this image. It depicts the stadium emerging from the middle of a cornfield, which is exactly the stereotype that Nebraska battles against in recruiting. Heck, I won't be surprised if some prospects think that is a real picture.

All that context aside, I personally like it. Just may convey the wrong message.

Actually, young people today assume that almost EVERY image they see is a Photoshopped alternate reality. It is even sometimes hard to convince them that actual images are NOT Photoshopped. So I think you are fears are a wee bit overblown.

If you want to worry about something, worry about the fact that we have no problem recruiting offensive superstars, because Scott Frost is a Certified Offensive Genius. However, we need a similar genius on the defensive side of the ball to recruit defensive superstars. SF did not help his cause with his quote last year "I don't call defense".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, cheekygeek said:

Actually, young people today assume that almost EVERY image they see is a Photoshopped alternate reality. It is even sometimes hard to convince them that actual images are NOT Photoshopped. So I think you are fears are a wee bit overblown.

If you want to worry about something, worry about the fact that we have no problem recruiting offensive superstars, because Scott Frost is a Certified Offensive Genius. However, we need a similar genius on the defensive side of the ball to recruit defensive superstars. SF did not help his cause with his quote last year "I don't call defense".

Chinander is gonna get those boys blitzing and sacking, scooping and scoring, picking and sixing in no time don't you worry! 

Great pickup after missing out on Watts. This class is starting to really gain some steam!

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Chinander is gonna get those boys blitzing and sacking, scooping and scoring, picking and sixing in no time don't you worry! 

Great pickup after missing out on Watts. This class is starting to really gain some steam!

I think a few of our current 3 stars will finish 4 stars 

• Plus1 2

I just have to differ on this one.   Our defensive coaching is excellent and would be hard to find much better.   I think the challenge will be trying to hang on to our best D coaches who will be getting poached by other schools and or the league.   Give the Defense a chance to show what they can do this fall.   We will be better statistically and generally.   Our defense will win us some games this fall - I am quite confident of that prediction.

12 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I just have to differ on this one.   Our defensive coaching is excellent and would be hard to find much better.   I think the challenge will be trying to hang on to our best D coaches who will be getting poached by other schools and or the league.   Give the Defense a chance to show what they can do this fall.   We will be better statistically and generally.   Our defense will win us some games this fall - I am quite confident of that prediction.

Huh

• Plus1 3
17 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I hope you are right and if you are the defensive side of the ball will get easier to recruit for. But for right now, a prediction is all it is. It has yet to be proven on the field that Nebraska is more than a team that can outscore what its defense allows.

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Well, I would argue you are worrying about nothing when you look at the individual recruiting ranks of players from last class under Frost.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/commitments/football/2019

Staying on topic (i.e., Nixon), the stigma of UNL sitting in the middle of the cornfield is real and affects national recruiting. That is why nearly every recruit not from Nebraska mentions how surprised they are that Lincoln is an actual city when they visit. Honestly, this is such a common talking point, I am not sure why you feel the need to debate it.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to WR William Nixon