WR William Nixon

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

36 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Nixon commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

More of a quick guy than an outright speedster. His route running & accelation are pretty advanced for a high schooler. Definitely can tell his dad is a coach. He looks like a football player with good athleticism which is interesting as you see a lot of guys who are WR prospects who get by with average route running but smoke high school kids with superior athletic ability such as Jamie Nance (Who could be pretty good). Could see this kid playing early due to departures & easier transition because of that. 

3 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

Actually, young people today assume that almost EVERY image they see is a Photoshopped alternate reality. It is even sometimes hard to convince them that actual images are NOT Photoshopped. So I think you are fears are a wee bit overblown.

If you want to worry about something, worry about the fact that we have no problem recruiting offensive superstars, because Scott Frost is a Certified Offensive Genius. However, we need a similar genius on the defensive side of the ball to recruit defensive superstars. SF did not help his cause with his quote last year "I don't call defense".

I will agree that Frost is not a defensive genius. But don’t forget, he did coach defense early in his coaching career, including DC with who I believe was Northern Iowa. Thus as far as offensive minded coaches, he probably knows more about defense than most, and perhaps has a better idea on who his defensive coaches should be. But I could be just bit bias in favor of Coach Frost. 

5 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

If you want to worry about something, worry about the fact that we have no problem recruiting offensive superstars, because Scott Frost is a Certified Offensive Genius. However, we need a similar genius on the defensive side of the ball to recruit defensive superstars. SF did not help his cause with his quote last year "I don't call defense".

Truly hope you are being sarcastic..

• Plus1 1

17 hours ago, brophog said:

Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love this prospect. His game is just built on using angles and spacing rather than flashy highlight plays where he makes everyone miss. That shouldn’t be interpreted as necessarily a bad thing...a guy like Nixon will more easily adapt to the higher levels of the game. 

Copy that. Funny how interpretation is different to different people. But yes, your interpretation makes sense. You just don’t find many who can make you miss and can also outrun you. Robinson may be that rare find — possibly Houston. We will see. Maurice Washington as of right now has shown to have that rare combination more than anyone else on the team, since we have seen it on the field. Hopefully he is able to get his legal problems behind him. 

12 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I just have to differ on this one.   Our defensive coaching is excellent and would be hard to find much better.   I think the challenge will be trying to hang on to our best D coaches who will be getting poached by other schools and or the league.   Give the Defense a chance to show what they can do this fall.   We will be better statistically and generally.   Our defense will win us some games this fall - I am quite confident of that prediction.

I hope your right on the D. I think that side of the ball, will make or break this season. 

GBR!!!

14 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I just have to differ on this one.   Our defensive coaching is excellent and would be hard to find much better.   I think the challenge will be trying to hang on to our best D coaches who will be getting poached by other schools and or the league.   Give the Defense a chance to show what they can do this fall.   We will be better statistically and generally.   Our defense will win us some games this fall - I am quite confident of that prediction.

At this stage of the game I'll be tickled when we can keep a DB coach for 3 consecutive seasons!

• Plus1 2
  • 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to WR William Nixon