University of Nebraska President rumors

Just now, Danny Bateman said:

I share your sentiments. But I'm probably more cynical. All of these politicians are well paid and have healthcare for themselves and their families taken care of.  Plenty of them don't know or care what it's like to not be so lucky.

I wish we could all come to consensus on this, but I just think the pull is too strong for them to just kick the can and use it was a wedge issue to take potshots at the other team. It's not an issue for them, so it's not an issue that's worth tackling.

Bernie's definitely not my dream candidate either. But on this issue, as important as it is, it's really refreshing for someone to just flat out say what they believe and not waver on it.

Who knows if M4A is where we wind up. But I'm convinced that direction, with a more active government role to control costs and improve care, is the way we need to go.

You aren't being nearly cynical enough. It's not about them getting good or free healthcare and just not understanding. I think their pockets are being lined.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

I agree on healthcare being the #1 issue 100%. And I know Im not going to change your mind about things on an internet message board. But I know youre a reasonable guy. Im not confusing you with anyone else on that because youve been around a long time and I can see it through your posts. Just asking that you keep an open mind about things when the debates start in June. Just cover your ears when he speaks about tuition free college lol. 

I am a reasonable guy :D

And I'm at the point I care extremely little about any other issue comparatively. Heck, I might even listen to tuition free college if he throws in something that will help with existing student loans. 

Bernie may end up being my kind of crackpot :lol: I do know one thing, it is going to take thinking outside the box to fix healthcare, so that pretty much eliminates most politicians. They like their box just the way it is. Problem is it doesn't include anyone but them and their donors.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

You aren't being nearly cynical enough. It's not about them getting good or free healthcare and just not understanding. I think their pockets are being lined.

Well, yep. Campaign finances is definitely broken, and there's nothing to stop them from just dumping thousands or millions into re-election funds. We'll scratch your back if you scratch ours.

I will say that's another thing Bernie got right. It seems like Dems are becoming more and more focused on campaign finance reform. That is awesome.

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I share your sentiments. But I'm probably more cynical. All of these politicians are well paid and have healthcare for themselves and their families taken care of.  Plenty of them don't know or care what it's like to not be so lucky.

I wish we could all come to consensus on this, but I just think the pull is too strong for them to just kick the can and use it was a wedge issue to take potshots at the other team. It's not an issue for them, so it's not an issue that's worth tackling.

Bernie's definitely not my dream candidate either. But on this issue, as important as it is, it's really refreshing for someone to just flat out say what they believe and not waver on it.

Who knows if M4A is where we wind up. But I'm convinced that direction, with a more active government role to control costs and improve care, is the way we need to go.

19 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Trust me guys. I'm definitely cynical enough  Pretty sure it would be impossible to hate our system  or distrust the bastards any more than I do. Of course their pockets are being lined. That and staying in office is all they're concerned about. Getting elected is a better deal than winning Powerball for the scum bags.

37 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Well, yep. Campaign finances is definitely broken, and there's nothing to stop them from just dumping thousands or millions into re-election funds. We'll scratch your back if you scratch ours.

I will say that's another thing Bernie got right. It seems like Dems are becoming more and more focused on campaign finance reform. That is awesome.

I have trouble believing it’s only campaign contributions. 

• Plus1 1