University of Nebraska President rumors

4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Take this with as much salt as you want, but I've heard a juicy rumor regarding the University President vacancy, and it involves Ben Sasse taking the job, and Ricketts eventually getting his senate seat. 

Can Ricketts appoint himself?  Or would there be a special election that he’d undoubtedly win anyway?

16 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Can Ricketts appoint himself?  Or would there be a special election that he’d undoubtedly win anyway?

This rumor involved him resigning as Governor and being appointed by his Lt. Governor (who would become Governor). 

4 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

It'll be fine.... I like Ben.

He often does the opposite of what he says he stands for. He’s smarmy as hell and always has been since the first time I saw him with his grade school girls about to burst into tears about how terrible Obama and his health care plan are for the country and how their daddy was going to fix it.

I also in general don’t think university presidents should have that strong of a political leaning, at least publicly, and I don’t trust staunch Republicans to make good decisions when it comes to scientific research. He’s said some decent things when it comes to climate change (at least he believes it’s happening) but that brings me back to the first sentence of this post.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

He was the President of Midland University. 

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s really nothing against Ben. But, they need someone with university administrative experience. 

Yep, but I'd imagine there are other good people with that who aren't politicians.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

He often does the opposite of what he says he stands for. He’s smarmy as hell and always has been since the first time I saw him with his grade schools girls about to burst into tears about how terrible Obama and his health care plane are for the country and how their daddy was going to fix it.

I also in general don’t think university presidents should have that strong of a political leaning, at least publicly, and I don’t trust staunch Republicans to make good decisions when it comes to scientific research. He’s said some decent things when it comes to climate change (at least he believes it’s happening) but that brings me back to the first sentence of this post.

Well, my family is currently being enrolled into Obamacare (through Ambetter) so I'll let you know! Cautiously optimistic as of now!

58 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Well, my family is currently being enrolled into Obamacare (through Ambetter) so I'll let you know! Cautiously optimistic as of now!

were there no other options for companies to choose from?   from what i've read...ambetter is the worst possible company to buy your insurance from.   good luck.   

6 minutes ago, commando said:

were there no other options for companies to choose from?   from what i've read...ambetter is the worst possible company to buy your insurance from.   good luck.   

Well, f***. I believe they are our only option in Missouri, or at least that's the way I understood it from our insurance agent. The coverage isn't great (deductibles are kind of high etc.), but it's honestly fairly affordable. Not to detail the thread, but what have you heard that was so bad?

2 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Well, f***. I believe they are our only option in Missouri, or at least that's the way I understood it from our insurance agent. The coverage isn't great (deductibles are kind of high etc.), but it's honestly fairly affordable. Not to detail the thread, but what have you heard that was so bad?

https://usinsuranceagents.com/reviews/ambetter/