CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Starting Lineup  

85 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Dickerson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

I think all schools’ commitments, specifically those who haven’t visited that school, are on shaky grounds. So I don’t think we are out of it yet with this lockdown. Hopefully a couple of those top Iowa prospects, who have visited N, pull the trigger — I would think they would be more solid commitments versus those near future commitments  who haven’t visited. 

1 minute ago, Judoka said:

Some of his coaches are saying he's not a good prospect at the next level on defense, not too worried about losing this one.

I don’t see too many high school coaches saying one of the top 100 players in the country isn’t a good prospect at the next level. What coach says that about one of their players?

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, ArkanSkers said:

I don’t see too many high school coaches saying one of the top 100 players in the country isn’t a good prospect at the next level. What coach says that about one of their players?

Have you ever had a beer with a coach?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Any other position group and I’d be mad as hell. But this is Fish’s room, and I highly doubt he’s losing sleep over this. He’ll get someone talented and hungry and that wants to be here to fill that spot. 

I agree with this.  However, It would have been interesting to see what Duval and NU's nutrition program could have done for this young man.  He does have elite speed and good ball skills playing CB.  He's just too thin right now, but with the right program that could change.  Maybe he'll have a change of heart and give NU a try.  I'd put NU's ability to put "good weight" on a player at or above any other school.

1 minute ago, everybody knows my name said:

It might surprise you to learn that Minnesota has a beautiful campus, great facilities, a vibrant business environment, a young coach who kids love, and a football program on the rise.  It might surprise you even more to learn that high school kids are capable of understanding all this.

It's true, but it also seemed to come out of nowhere. I'm sure Fleck has to be different than he seems on the sideline/in press conferences, and he clearly knows how to build a team. It is just surprising to see a kid from Nebraska go from a top 3 of OSU, LSU, and Nebraska and then commit to Minnesota. Not that they're a worse choice than us right now, but surprising anyway.

6 minutes ago, everybody knows my name said:

It might surprise you to learn that Minnesota has a beautiful campus, great facilities, a vibrant business environment, a young coach who kids love, and a football program on the rise.  It might surprise you even more to learn that high school kids are capable of understanding all this.

I’ll bet you 3 gophers he doesn’t sign with Minnesota. 

• Haha 2
  • seaofred92 changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon- Signed LOI]
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]