CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Starting Lineup  

85 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Dickerson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

28 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

No my actual thought looking at his measurables from day 1 was he doesn’t fit the dB recruiting profile we have been targeting. What’s the shortest dB we have accepted a commit from? 

He doesn’t fit the “profile” yet they still wanted him to commit. Badly. What’s your point? He would still be the best defensive player in this class. 

Frost and Co would've definitely taken AD if he wanted N, considering his natural talent that is an hour from campus. That said, there's no shame in admitting we lost out on him, especially when it has been suggested he wanted out of Nebraska. Not sure how true it is but I saw it mentioned that his dad was anti-Nebraska and steered him away from Lincoln. That said, considering the S&C he needs to have to be a legit D1 contributor, he wouldn't have gotten the early PT he seeks if he chose NU, then again if he did have the size and strength needed, those LSU/OSU offers would've been commitable, not to slight him. Florida probably offers too and he's gone anyway.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
11 hours ago, Decked said:

He doesn’t fit the “profile” yet they still wanted him to commit. Badly. What’s your point? He would still be the best defensive player in this class. 

Highest rated and best are not necessarily the same. Considering we only have a few defensive recruits it’s not saying much. I would still take Kpai as the best. Then due to his lack of size idk when he would actually contribute 

FWIW just because I am not high on Dickerson doesn’t mean I am bitter. I just didn’t really care he committed elsewhere. 22 class I will be very disappointed if we miss on those 3 local 4 stars. TE, OLB and OL 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

It'd have been great to get him, but sometimes kids just want to get away from home and experience new things in college and not just go to the next town over. I don't think it necessarily is an indictment on the program or anything we could do differently recruiting wise. He just wanted a new experience away from home and good for him. 

• Plus1 1
On 8/30/2020 at 9:40 AM, Huskers93-97 said:

FWIW just because I am not high on Dickerson doesn’t mean I am bitter. I just didn’t really care he committed elsewhere. 22 class I will be very disappointed if we miss on those 3 local 4 stars. TE, OLB and OL 

I got some bad news for you....

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • 3 weeks later...

My gut says that if this information is already getting out, it's only a matter of time until he decommits. I don't know if that means he's coming to Nebraska, but I don't see him going there. Communication drop off would typically be 4-5 days a week to 1-2 days and that's not good. I would tell kids that if that ever happens, it's time to look elsewhere. 

• Plus1 5
46 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

My gut says that if this information is already getting out, it's only a matter of time until he decommits. I don't know if that means he's coming to Nebraska, but I don't see him going there. Communication drop off would typically be 4-5 days a week to 1-2 days and that's not good. I would tell kids that if that ever happens, it's time to look elsewhere. 

Obviously, who wouldn't want this.  Personally, I'd love for it to come down to the last game of the season and Ava :bigredn: te as the prize for who wins that game!  :-)

• seaofred92 changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon- Signed LOI]
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]