CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Starting Lineup  

85 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Dickerson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Avante has elite speed and good ball skills, but he really, really needs a good strength and nutrition program IMO to put some good weight on and maximize his potential.  I'd put NU at or above most schools in the nation in those categories.  I'd love to see what Duval, Ellis, Fisher, et al. could do for him.  That being said, I'd only want him to flip if he's completely sure about it.  I have absolutely no knowledge either way on if he's considering that or not.  

• Fire 1
4 minutes ago, Farms said:

Reminds me a bit of Daniel Davie. A tremendously gifted athlete, as good as you’ll see in this state. But also probably not even the best player in his own team. Maybe lacking that “it” factor a little bit. 

Some of you guys are insane. Dickerson is by far and away the best athlete on his team and it ain’t close. This would be a great pick up. 

18 minutes ago, Decked said:

Some of you guys are insane. Dickerson is by far and away the best athlete on his team and it ain’t close. This would be a great pick up. 

I didn’t say he wasn’t the best athlete? I said he might not be the best football player on his team. Same with DD, was the most naturally gifted athlete I’ve personally been around but like I said that doesn’t always equate to the best football player on the field.

17 hours ago, Vince R. said:

My gut says that if this information is already getting out, it's only a matter of time until he decommits. I don't know if that means he's coming to Nebraska, but I don't see him going there. Communication drop off would typically be 4-5 days a week to 1-2 days and that's not good. I would tell kids that if that ever happens, it's time to look elsewhere. 

Wait a minute, is this the way it works in recruiting? You have to talk to a kid 4-5 days a week in order to show interest? If anyone tried to talk to me that often I would block them. I would hate that job.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
Just now, Ulty said:

Wait a minute, is this the way it works in recruiting? You have to talk to a kid 4-5 days a week in order to show interest? If anyone tried to talk to me that often I would block them. I would hate that job.

Yes- it's like dating a girl. If you don't tell her you love her every time you see her they think you don't like them anymore.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • seaofred92 changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon- Signed LOI]
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]