CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Starting Lineup  

85 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Dickerson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So...if the speculation is true about this situation affecting the recruiting of our other CB prospects, I wonder in what sort of time frame this will all play out.

I will believe it when I see it. Think people are making way to much out of this.

• Plus1 2

On 9/25/2020 at 11:29 AM, teachercd said:

I have heard that PJ pushes really hard for a commit, like crazy hard.  And I bet it works a lot of the time and then some of those kids get back home and not being in his office and pressured probably helps them to sort of re-think things.  It seems like he has had a decent amount of kids that have decommitted.  

57bf8dcc93c711df3b8a9e10f7f7c6f3.jpg?wid

• Haha 7

On 9/28/2020 at 5:08 PM, seaofred92 said:

Fwiw I’ve been told a lot of what is being speculated here is fake news.

Idk. Lots of facts here in our favor.

1. He loves that we got Fidone

2. It seems we cooled on Howse or at the very least left him a spot open

3. we finally have the home team advantage during Covid 

add in the possibility of he& fleck losing touch and I’d say it’s a done deal.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
12 hours ago, Fullyhusked said:

Idk. Lots of facts here in our favor.

1. He loves that we got Fidone

2. It seems we cooled on Howse or at the very least left him a spot open

3. we finally have the home team advantage during Covid 

add in the possibility of he& fleck losing touch and I’d say it’s a done deal.

Fullyhusked, it would be great if these were "facts".  If so, why in #2 do you state, "it seems we have cooled".  Can you state the source to this if it is a fact?  Why did you state a "fact" as a "feeling" or "appearance".

I would have imagined #1 as being true and it would make "common sense" for #3 to have some merit ... so, personally, I think you are stating an opinion that many could make on a forum ... but it is not a "fact".  

Would this be "bloviating"?  :-)  I sure hope your opinion or facts are true regardless.  Welcome to the board.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I'll welcome him if he truly wants to play for Nebraska...tired of having kids not show from Florida 

Ya, we can't keep posting around a Top 20 recruiting class and then lose three 4* recruits each cycle before they even show up.  Never saw the stat on that but that had to drop us out of the Top 30 for that class pretty quickly.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

I'll welcome him if he truly wants to play for Nebraska...tired of having kids not show from Florida 

I think COVID and the uncertainty with that played a huge role in the Florida kids transferring.  Fisher mentioned that in his interview this week.  It's not that they don't want to play for NU, it's all of the other circumstances going on right now.  Challenging times right now.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think COVID and the uncertainty with that played a huge role in the Florida kids transferring.  Fisher mentioned that in his interview this week.  It's not that they don't want to play for NU, it's all of the other circumstances going on right now.  Challenging times right now.

CJ Smith, Miles Jones, Justin McGriff, Dominick Watt, Willie Canty...I agree Covid doesn't help but not sure that's the full reason. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

CJ Smith, Miles Jones, Justin McGriff, Dominick Watt, Willie Canty...I agree Covid doesn't help but not sure that's the full reason. 

The first recruiting class was going to have misses due to the short amount of time the coaches had to develop relationships.  I haven't gone back and checked, but I think the 2019 class was pretty good with lack of transfers (so far).  Then with the 2020 class, there are the high profile guys from Florida who had their lives thrown upside down with COVID.  They weren't having a good college experience, and they were hundreds/thousands of miles from home.

• seaofred92 changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon- Signed LOI]
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]