CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Starting Lineup  

85 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Dickerson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

41 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

It's true, but it also seemed to come out of nowhere. I'm sure Fleck has to be different than he seems on the sideline/in press conferences, and he clearly knows how to build a team. It is just surprising to see a kid from Nebraska go from a top 3 of OSU, LSU, and Nebraska and then commit to Minnesota. Not that they're a worse choice than us right now, but surprising anyway.

Fleck has a personality that young ppl gravitate to so seeing the results isn't surprising at the least. Being a person that likes urban areas, I agree that UM-Twin Cities campus could draw a certain kid.

I also think, not to disrespect AD because he is a talented kid, that his offers from those schools(LSU/OSU) might not have been fully commitable. I know his lead recruiter at OSU took a job at Boston College and OSUs interest had decreased a bit. I'm almost willing to bet LSU did not give him the green light to commit, as they grow talented DBs on trees in their recruiting region and were looking to see where will happen. Minnesota is replacing a lot from their defensive backfield and he'll have a much better shot at seeing the field earlier there than even Nebraska. 

That also doesn't take into account that he likely had a least half of a foot out of Nebraska, and was probably looking to get OOS. Think had the opportunity presented itself with the other more nationally relevant programs, this would've been done a while ago. I wish him luck and hope he reaches his personal goals.

• Plus1 1
  • 4 months later...

44 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Did he just have no interest in staying home? Its one thing if they would have lost him to a top 10 team but Minnesota seems like an odd choice. Did he even visit Minnesota in person?

Online visit if I remember 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, LumberJackSker said:

Did he just have no interest in staying home? Its one thing if they would have lost him to a top 10 team but Minnesota seems like an odd choice. Did he even visit Minnesota in person?

I believe the draw of very early playing time was a big sell for him. Minnesota loses most of its DB’s as 21’ grads. Nebraska has a little more in terms of young talent.

• Thanks 1
On 8/28/2020 at 5:04 PM, AlaSker said:

I believe the draw of very early playing time was a big sell for him. Minnesota loses most of its DB’s as 21’ grads. Nebraska has a little more in terms of young talent.

Plus if he wasn’t a local kid I don’t know if we would have offered him. He doesn’t fit the body type we seem to be going after. All our guys seem over 6-1 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Plus if he wasn’t a local kid I don’t know if we would have offered him. He doesn’t fit the body type we seem to be going after. All our guys seem over 6-1 

This is a take to make us feel better. Dickerson would instantly be the best defensive commit in this entire class. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
55 minutes ago, Decked said:

This is a take to make us feel better. Dickerson would instantly be the best defensive commit in this entire class. 

No my actual thought looking at his measurables from day 1 was he doesn’t fit the dB recruiting profile we have been targeting. What’s the shortest dB we have accepted a commit from? 

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

No my actual thought looking at his measurables from day 1 was he doesn’t fit the dB recruiting profile we have been targeting. What’s the shortest dB we have accepted a commit from? 

Well Lardarius Webb Jr. is 5-10 and we accepted his commitment for this class. If he wanted to come here we would have taken him

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • seaofred92 changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon- Signed LOI]
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]