CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Starting Lineup  

85 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Dickerson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

If he comes, maybe it helped us that Bootle moved on and we have most everyone else back.  Lots of experience to learn from and an open spot to compete for.  After watching AD for 3 years, I'll comfortably say that the speed and ball skills boxes are already checked.  Physicality and tackling were stepped up a notch this past season too.  Just needs a little more "good" weight--but not at the expense of his speed. I think Duval can do that.  I hope he gets a chance to anyway.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

If he comes, maybe it helped us that Bootle moved on and we have most everyone else back.  Lots of experience to learn from and an open spot to compete for.  After watching AD for 3 years, I'll comfortably say that the speed and ball skills boxes are already checked.  Physicality and tackling were stepped up a notch this past season too.  Just needs a little more "good" weight--but not at the expense of his speed. I think Duval can do that.  I hope he gets a chance to anyway.

I just realized this but Duval deserves some kudos. Doesn't seem like we have players missing games with derpy soft-tissue injuries as much anymore and a lot of the players actually look halfway physically imposing compared to other Big Ten teams, as if they've reincorporated f#&%ing SQUATS back into the strength program.

Crazy stuff.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

I just realized this but Duval deserves some kudos. Doesn't seem like we have players missing games with derpy soft-tissue injuries as much anymore and a lot of the players actually look halfway physically imposing compared to other Big Ten teams, as if they've reincorporated f#&%ing SQUATS back into the strength program.

Crazy stuff.

They always did squats.

I do believe Duval's work has shown on the field. We don't seem to be a team that gets pushed around as much and we are much more physical.

My hope is that the seniors that are the best on the defense that have said they are coming back, shows confidence in the staff and that convinces him to come here.

If he doesn't, I'm glad the next choice is Oregon instead of Minnesota.

• Fire 1

• seaofred92 changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon- Signed LOI]
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]