CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Starting Lineup  

85 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Dickerson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, HANC said:

I would rather split it. I want Dickerson because we would control the State if Nebraska and he is a really good one. Hate letting the really good in-state kids slip away. Then get one more player from portal who is ready to play.

I was referring to if Avante chose another school. You obviously take him if he wants N, but if he doesn't you use his scholarship on someone that can help more immediately.

19 minutes ago, Treand3 said:

I was referring to if Avante chose another school. You obviously take him if he wants N, but if he doesn't you use his scholarship on someone that can help more immediately.

Absolutely. Dont have a good feeling with AD, so yes, hit the portal rather than settling for another HS athlete.

2 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

One has to wonder how much pressure these young men have on their shoulders. Hope his parents are included in the decision making process and that he leans on those whom he has in his circle.

That can be a good thing or bad thing....depending on the family.  Let's hope he has a good support system that is helping him make the decision...no matter where he ends up.

Am I the only one that just doesn't give a s#!t anymore on what a 4 start demands are and if we get them or not?  I mean I want him to come to NU, but I am just so jaded on what we seem to have to do/promise to get some of these guys. Its easy for Alabama and Clemson types to navigate these water, because they have 50 plus four stars sitting there competing.  Ok, I am done b!^@hing now.  :)

1 minute ago, CAHusker said:

Am I the only one that just doesn't give a s#!t anymore on what a 4 start demands are and if we get them or not?  I mean I want him to come to NU, but I am just so jaded on what we seem to have to do/promise to get some of these guys. Its easy for Alabama and Clemson types to navigate these water, because they have 40 plus four stars sitting there competing.  Ok, I am done b!^@hing now.  :)

Not at all... I feel like even if we land Dickerson, he doesn't truly want to be here... and 2 years out, if he hasn't cracked the 2-deep, he'll be one of the first in the portal. He seems to be, from my perspective, the exact type of kid we keep getting burned on, and the reason we have such depth issues. Stars are nice, but useless if they don't stick around or put in the work. 

53 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Not at all... I feel like even if we land Dickerson, he doesn't truly want to be here... and 2 years out, if he hasn't cracked the 2-deep, he'll be one of the first in the portal. He seems to be, from my perspective, the exact type of kid we keep getting burned on, and the reason we have such depth issues. Stars are nice, but useless if they don't stick around or put in the work. 

Which is why I appreciate the staff's stance on him.  It seems like they have pretty much moved on....but, if he wants in, fine.  Yes, I'm sure they are still trying hard, but they pretty much filled the class without him and if he doesn't come, they have other options in the protal.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, CAHusker said:

Am I the only one that just doesn't give a s#!t anymore on what a 4 start demands are and if we get them or not?  I mean I want him to come to NU, but I am just so jaded on what we seem to have to do/promise to get some of these guys. Its easy for Alabama and Clemson types to navigate these water, because they have 50 plus four stars sitting there competing.  Ok, I am done b!^@hing now.  :)

I wouldn't have that attitude about 4 stars when the school has an attitude about players with less stars. My son is looking at going to USD on basketball scholarship, but would have been interested in going to Nebraska as a walk on. Can't have it both ways.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I'm fine.  I think it's hilarious how people think they know who is in or out.

Speculate, yes...that's fine.  But absolute statements in this thread are stupid....and there have been lots of them.

So you counteract that by doing the same thing?-- even if its obvious sarcasm.

My point is, that is what message boards are. A bunch of people pretending to have sources. 

I dont want to de-rail this convo anymore than I have but not sure what you expect. Plenty of people who made statements earlier have been correct.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I'm fine.  I think it's hilarious how people think they know who is in or out.

Speculate, yes...that's fine.  But absolute statements in this thread are stupid....and there have been lots of them.

I went back a handful of pages and saw very few absolute statements.  I saw a lot of ....my gut, my feeling, I heard, I believe...... those are opposite of absolutes.

Not sure what has you riled up. You made a snarky post.....twice, because no one took the bait the first time.

It is a message board, where most of the time it is opinion, not fact. 

• Plus1 5
  • seaofred92 changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon- Signed LOI]
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]