CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Starting Lineup  

85 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Dickerson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, J-MAGIC said:

I'm not going to be mad if they don't sign him or anything, but I would very much like to sign an incredible athlete from our backyard who recruiting services say would be our second-best commit!

Sure, the vast majority of Husker fans would probably say they would like to sign him.  But....I haven't seen anything that indicates someone's going to be mad or upset over if he goes to Oregon.

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Fong bomb to Niketown

2 minutes ago, Decked said:

Yep. I submitted my pick two days ago. We’ll manage. Transfer portal time. 

It is low confidence, so I suspect Wiltfong is just going off the fact that Avante officially decommitted right after the Oregon visit and not any hard info. But the dude is not wrong a lot, and I haven't held out a lot of hope here. Still a tiny shred left, but I'd rather he go to Oregon than Minnesota anyway. I'd prefer he stays here, but that's been unlikely for a while.

Maybe it is just me but I don't see what all the uproar is over AD other then his star ranking and he is a local guy. I just wonder how good he really is. I have no doubt that he is a good athlete and probably one of the best in the state at the high school level. But I have to believe that most of it is because he is a big fish in a small pond. I don't think that the level of competition that he is facing is that great, so he stands out in a state that has very little high school talent. I question if we would even hear this guys name if he lived in Georgia and played against their level of talent. 

Not being a hater its just that it is painfully obvious that he does not want to play for Nebraska so I wish him the best and look forward to the players who want to be here. I do not think that it is that big of a loss if we don't get him. 

AD is a freak athlete that can turn into a fantastic player at the next level. Kobe Bretz perhaps may have been a better high school player. I’m taking AD at being a better college player. 

It would be unfortunate to lose him but we will manage. Let’s not try and claim he isn’t very good or is overhyped though. He has offers from everyone. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

6 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

Bretz will have the better college career.  AD is a good athlete and has been but Bretz is only tapping his potential now.   

Avante will probably become a very good player and make it to the NFL. I can see the same thing with Bretz. I'm personally higher on Bretz than Avante, but that is mostly due to Bretz having the bigger frame. 

• seaofred92 changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon- Signed LOI]
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]