CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Starting Lineup  

85 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Dickerson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

Wait a minute, is this the way it works in recruiting? You have to talk to a kid 4-5 days a week in order to show interest? If anyone tried to talk to me that often I would block them. I would hate that job.

A lot of coaches will just send some lame a$$ quote or a bible verse or a video clip, but yeah, almost everyday.  

Basically...they want their name at the top of your texts.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I have heard that PJ pushes really hard for a commit, like crazy hard.  And I bet it works a lot of the time and then some of those kids get back home and not being in his office and pressured probably helps them to sort of re-think things.  It seems like he has had a decent amount of kids that have decommitted.  

Wasn't there a rumor they told a kid he couldn't leave a room until he had committed? Probably got exaggerated, but yeah their strategy seems to be push for as many commits as possible and live with a high decommit rate as they think it over. 

32 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Wasn't there a rumor they told a kid he couldn't leave a room until he had committed? Probably got exaggerated, but yeah their strategy seems to be push for as many commits as possible and live with a high decommit rate as they think it over. 

I imagine it's something like: "You can commit right now or, if you leave this room without committing, we will not hold a spot for you (or you're off our board or something)." 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • seaofred92 changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon- Signed LOI]
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]