CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Starting Lineup  

85 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Dickerson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Currently we are 18th in the 247 composite. If we add Dickerson, Savea and Ho'ohuli. All nice 4 star commits. We will still be 18th. Its a big jump from 18th to 17th Texas.

Probably does more for helping to prevent getting jumped from those behind than it does moving up further. Rankings aside, those three would tie the class together very nicely. I think flipping Avante would go along way in "locking down the state". Obviously Johnson is gone, but otherwise this year has been solid with in state recruiting.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Sure hope that the waiting until February is the case. Staff would have done a spectacular job with in state recruits this year if they can make this flip. Johnson may be arguably the best, but to secure 6 out of the top 7 true D1 talents would be a big deal.

Especially heading into a year where it may be a challenge to snag even half of the current rated 4 for 2022..

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Is there actually smoke here?

Kind of thought this was dead in the water. I would love to have him and with a bunch of FL guys transferring there is a pretty obvious route to playing time.

I will be shocked if he doesn't go to Minnesota. Not saying it can't happen, but Fleck and Harasymiak have been all over him 

On 12/11/2020 at 10:33 PM, Husker03 said:

Ill be shocked if he does go to Minnesota.  Coach is a fraud and the program sucks and the mascot is cheesy as s#!t.

While I agree that Fleck feels like a fraud, his players seem to love playing for him. They are winning far more than Nebraska andif a kid doesnt pick a program because of the mascot, I have more questions about the kid than the school.

If there is any shred of accuracy around Nebraska having a shot. If he was torn at all and possibly considering Nebraska. I would think the game this weekend makes it much harder on us to get the flip. Fleck can say look, year 3 Frost is a disaster. We had 33 players not even in the game- hadnt practiced for weeks and we still outplayed and outcoached Nebraska. 

17 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

If there is any shred of accuracy around Nebraska having a shot. If he was torn at all and possibly considering Nebraska. I would think the game this weekend makes it much harder on us to get the flip. Fleck can say look, year 3 Frost is a disaster. We had 33 players not even in the game- hadnt practiced for weeks and we still outplayed and outcoached Nebraska. 

Or he may see an immediate playing time opportunity.  Only he knows what his priorities are. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

And maybe Fleck is getting tiresome. A lot of kids don't respond well to negative recruiting either, so while I'm sure they'll point out how they've beat us head to head 3 times under Fleck and all of their adverse circumstances, I doubt they'll call us a disaster.

I'm sure I'm just bitter as well, but specifying the number of players is such a Fleck move too. How many of those would've even been on the travel roster? Some for sure, I think 2 starting lineman were out. But it's not like they were onto 3rd and 4th stringers. He threw out the number because it's impressive out of context, where our missing punter was probably a bigger loss than most of their guys. 

• seaofred92 changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon- Signed LOI]
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]