CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Starting Lineup  

85 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Dickerson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, HANC said:

I went back a handful of pages and saw very few absolute statements.  I saw a lot of ....my gut, my feeling, I heard, I believe...... those are opposite of absolutes.

Not sure what has you riled up. You made a snarky post.....twice, because no one took the bait the first time.

It is a message board, where most of the time it is opinion, not fact. 

I'm guilty of that... I made an absolute statement based on assumption and i'm being rightfully laughed at. foolish of me to post as i did. :worship:facepalm:

4 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

My absolute statements are hyperbole being used to draw attention to absurdity.

Posting on recruiting in general is pretty much a waste of time and absurd.  But, it’s the off-season. We’re bored.  It’s over two months from now until we can over-analyze spring ball. 

National Rivals guy says he's thinking Huskers.

But the previous connection to Oregon's assistant makes things interesting.  

I'd really like to think that the connections to the other Husker signees in this class will win out but I wouldn't be surprised with anything at this point.

• Plus1 3

so question/poll, choose 1:

Which would you rather have. Personally, I'd chose the second option even if the player never achieves the hype.

1. A local recruit, undecided and somewhat overwhelmed with the decision decides to stay with the local choice and commits just to later regret his decision. (none come to mind here)

or..

2. A local recruit, also undecided and somewhat overwhelmed with the decision decides to travel a far to spread his wings and fly but after a year or two decides he'd rather be home. (Like SF did)

As for Avante, I like that he's strong enough to change his mind, courageous enough to speak softly and calm enough to show patience. I wish for him the best be it as a husker or any other.

Just now, Loebarth said:

Which would you rather have. Personally, I'd chose the second option even if the player never achieves the hype.

1. A local recruit, undecided and somewhat overwhelmed with the decision decides to stay with the local choice and commits just to later regret his decision. (none come to mind here)

or..

2. A local recruit, also undecided and somewhat overwhelmed with the decision decides to travel a far to spread his wings and fly but after a year or two decides he'd rather be home. (Like SF did)

As for Avante, I like that he's strong enough to change his mind, courageous enough to speak softly and calm enough to show patience. I wish for him the best be it as a husker or any other.

What about option 3, which is the same as option 1 except he doesn't regret his decision? I don't think there are only 2 outcomes to pick from. I'd rather sign kids than hope they come back to us after signing elsewhere. 

5 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

What about option 3, which is the same as option 1 except he doesn't regret his decision? I don't think there are only 2 outcomes to pick from. I'd rather sign kids than hope they come back to us after signing elsewhere. 

We all would.. the largest portion of this thread is hypothetical hence the reason I didn't include your #3.. We all hope he commits and is both happy with the commitment and reaches his max potential. That however would kill this thread :P

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

or..

Option 2 is what I was/am hoping for Xavier Watts at ND.  I put something in the portal thread. Although, I am not sure if he was ever on limbo like AD.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, ndobney said:

I wouldn't have that attitude about 4 stars when the school has an attitude about players with less stars. My son is looking at going to USD on basketball scholarship, but would have been interested in going to Nebraska as a walk on. Can't have it both ways.

I wish your son the best of luck, but I don't understand what your statement has to do with what I wrote.  

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't think you're in the minority.  I don't see anyone saying they are going to lose sleep either way.

I'm not going to be mad if they don't sign him or anything, but I would very much like to sign an incredible athlete from our backyard who recruiting services say would be our second-best commit!

• Plus1 2
  • seaofred92 changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon- Signed LOI]
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]