CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Starting Lineup  

85 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Dickerson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

18 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

That will always be one of the biggest mysteries of Bo's tenure to me: how he wasn't able to parlay the best defensive tackle in the history of college football into success on the recruiting trail. 

That is said a lot but I'm not sure it's really true.  Suh's national prominence really took off his senior year (2009).  By that time the recruiting for the Class of 2010 was on the downhill finish.  In 2011, we got four-star Todd Peat, he just didn't work out.  In 2012 we got four-star Greg McMullen (solid but not spectacular), Vincent Valentine (NFL), and Avery Moss (NFL).  In 2013 we got Randy Gregory (not quite the same position but still DL) and Maliek Collins (NFL).  

So in the three classes after Suh we got four NFL guys and two more four-stars.  That seems like pretty good success.

I think when people say that they are basically saying we didn't get another Suh.  But that's a pretty unrealistic expectation.

• Plus1 9
6 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

I miss that thread, several hundred pages of awesomeness. Is that the longest thread in HB history?

I think the Frost thread from a few years ago might have surpassed it? 

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

That is said a lot but I'm not sure it's really true.  Suh's national prominence really took off his senior year (2009).  By that time the recruiting for the Class of 2010 was on the downhill finish.  In 2011, we got four-star Todd Peat, he just didn't work out.  In 2012 we got four-star Greg McMullen (solid but not spectacular), Vincent Valentine (NFL), and Avery Moss (NFL).  In 2013 we got Randy Gregory (not quite the same position but still DL) and Maliek Collins (NFL).  

So in the three classes after Suh we got four NFL guys and two more four-stars.  That seems like pretty good success.

I think when people say that they are basically saying we didn't get another Suh.  But that's a pretty unrealistic expectation.

The singularly impressive season that Suh had in 2010, being the culmination of two years of work with Bo and his scheme, should really have translated into at least one or two 5 star-caliber players. 

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Did the Darnay thread ever surpass Owa?

I remember I was interning at KLIN-1400 when Owa announced... I cant remember anything else but for some reason that sticks out

I remember the Andrus Peat reactions being interesting 

13 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

I mean, this one seems like a done deal with Oregon but any chance we are able to pull this one out? We been trying to make a move here?

I would be shocked beyond belief.  I just think he has no interest in N or staying home. Unless he just wants to be dramatic and surprise everyone. 

• Plus1 1
  • seaofred92 changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon- Signed LOI]
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Avante Dickerson [Oregon - Signed LOI]