Hoiberg Offense

This isn’t about Nebraska (although we do do some of this) but I wanted to post it to highlight and appreciate the intricacies of how much goes into each read/play. We’d love to run more of this with Mayen as the screener and probably McGowens as the ball handler but we need Mayen to bump his shooting percentages up to make this happen. Put Lakes/Tominaga in the short corner and you’re in for a heck of a challenge trying to guard that if you’re an opposing defense

• Plus1 1

On 3/21/2021 at 1:16 PM, seaofred92 said:

This isn’t about Nebraska (although we do do some of this) but I wanted to post it to highlight and appreciate the intricacies of how much goes into each read/play. We’d love to run more of this with Mayen as the screener and probably McGowens as the ball handler but we need Mayen to bump his shooting percentages up to make this happen. Put Lakes/Tominaga in the short corner and you’re in for a heck of a challenge trying to guard that if you’re an opposing defense

Thank you.

I was actually thinking about posting on here asking what offense in the tournament is most like what Fred wants to run.

• Plus1 1

I don’t really know where to put this but I thought it was really interesting to watch because UH is built basically the complete opposite of what Hoiberg wants to do and yet they’re 6th in offensive efficiency and rebound 40% of their misses. If you’ve got 10 minutes it’s worth watching for the practice clips alone- some tough SOBs out there for the Coogs 

• Plus1 1