Isaiah Roby

seaofred92

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/26775646/nba-draft-combine-risers-fallers-more-intel

Isaiah Roby | F | Nebraska

The 21-year-old Cornhusker forward intrigued NBA scouts with his combination of ballhandling, feel, defensive versatility and fluidity at 6-foot-8½, with a 7-foot-1 wingspan and big hands.

While Roby lacks a degree of toughness when defending and finishing -- and he has to evolve into the consistent shooter his mechanics suggest -- watching him push in transition comfortably, make heady reads in the half court, swipe the ball from guards defending pick-and-roll and rotate for occasional blocks piqued the interest of NBA scouts. Should he shoot the ball well in workouts, Roby could garner more interest in the early second round. He fits the profile of what teams are looking for from a versatility standpoint. -- Schmitz

Listed as a NBA Combine riser by ESPN

• Plus1 2

Are the reports of him rising based off of workouts or scrimmages or both? Because if it's more based on the former I think that will lead to him getting a better position but not necessarily any good evidence that he'll have much of a career.

I think the only thing he doesn't have that will prevent him from having a good career is confidence and an aggressive instinct that matches. He seems too....humble? You have to have some kind of an irrational mind to be great in the NBA, believing that you will always make the shot and you will always win the matchup. Don't think he has that. If he can make it click I think he'll be a great role player though.

8 hours ago, Landlord said:

Are the reports of him rising based off of workouts or scrimmages or both? Because if it's more based on the former I think that will lead to him getting a better position but not necessarily any good evidence that he'll have much of a career.

I think the only thing he doesn't have that will prevent him from having a good career is confidence and an aggressive instinct that matches. He seems too....humble? You have to have some kind of an irrational mind to be great in the NBA, believing that you will always make the shot and you will always win the matchup. Don't think he has that. If he can make it click I think he'll be a great role player though.

It was based on the combine scrimmages & his measurements during the testing done there.  He looked OK on Thursday in the 5 on 5, but much better on Friday.  On Friday he seemed more aggressive which is what the scouts were looking for.

• Mavric changed the title to Isaiah Roby