Isaiah Roby

seaofred92

I don't personally care if he stays or not. But declaring would be a huge mistake by Roby.

He's got the potential, but he's nowhere even remotely close to being able to cut it in the league. He legitimately could grow into a very quality player for some team someday, but he currently plays way too soft, unsure and timid. He still hasn't learned how to believe in himself on a consistent basis and he makes stupid mistakes often enough to make that really clear. 

• Fire 1
10 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I don't personally care if he stays or not. But declaring would be a huge mistake by Roby.

He's got the potential, but he's nowhere even remotely close to being able to cut it in the league. He legitimately could grow into a very quality player for some team someday, but he currently plays way too soft, unsure and timid. He still hasn't learned how to believe in himself on a consistent basis and he makes stupid mistakes often enough to make that really clear. 

Not sure who eye rolled you, but I agree 100% with your take. He needs another year 

45 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Would love to see him here but with one year left and a new coach it’s prob best to go. Seen him as a mid to late 2nd round pick

Yep...there is not really the old senior jump anymore.  If anything, to the NBA it just makes him a year older.

The NBA, more than any other league, drafts on potential and pre-draft workouts.  

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Yep...there is not really the old senior jump anymore.  If anything, to the NBA it just makes him a year older.

The NBA, more than any other league, drafts on potential and pre-draft workouts.  

It’s almost a negative for guys to be seniors now.  NBA teams look at them with an opinion of “why didn’t they declare earlier”.

Also, where do people think they will develop more. Option A is spending part of your time working on basketball and only having a certain number of hours per week with your coaches, the other part of your time going to class. The number of games in option A is about 35 games against college kids.  Option B is spending as much time as your can working with professional coaches and trainers, without worrying about going to go to school, and while the player may not be playing in 80-90 games, they are experiencing the highest level of basketball around.

Long-story short, if Roby is going to have a career in the NBA, it probably won’t be “better” because he came back for his senior year. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It’s almost a negative for guys to be seniors now.  NBA teams look at them with an opinion of “why didn’t they declare earlier”.

Also, where do people think they will develop more. Option A is spending part of your time working on basketball and only having a certain number of hours per week with your coaches, the other part of your time going to class. The number of games in option A is about 35 games against college kids.  Option B is spending as much time as your can working with professional coaches and trainers, without worrying about going to go to school, and while the player may not be playing in 80-90 games, they are experiencing the highest level of basketball around.

Long-story short, if Roby is going to have a career in the NBA, it probably won’t be “better” because he came back for his senior year. 

Image result for shhh emoji

• Plus1 3

Selfishly, I really hope Roby stays. He would be a great leader on the team to start the Hoiberg era. 

That said, he has done everything huskers should hope for. He came here to play. He’s worked and played hard and has represented the program well. It’s not his fault he came here at a time when we didn’t have a championship level staff. 

He needs to do what is best for him now. I could see him excited to play for Fred and sticking around....or, I could see him thinking it’s time to move on. 

I’ll support him either way. 

• Plus1 1

23 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Would love to see him here but with one year left and a new coach it’s prob best to go. Seen him as a mid to late 2nd round pick

He has a ton of development left to go, and would benefit from a wide open offense like Hoiberg likes to run. 

• Fire 2
47 minutes ago, Big red surfers said:

Roby currently is a late 2nd round pick.  Another year in school learning from a coach with nba experience would do wonders for Roby.  Most likely bump him onto the first round.  

I have seen him projected at the end of the 1st round. If he is a projected 1st round pick he has got to go to the NBA 

• Mavric changed the title to Isaiah Roby