Isaiah Roby

seaofred92

• 2 weeks later...

12 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

No one benefits more than Roby on coming back. He will need to be able to play outside in the NBA. Fred would do wonders for his draft stock 

Roby can also look at what happened to Copeland as a reason to not come back.

At this point, I think coming back in a new system can really help highlight his game or if he falters it could show maybe he isnt an NBA fit before he gets an NBA paycheck.

It will all depend how he grades out but I honestly wonder.. how much more will his draft stock grow with an extra year? NBA doesnt love SR's at all.

He go from mid to late second rounder to early second rounder?

If I am him, I am staying to try and be a part of a team that can win some games and enjoy 1 more year of college... Or he can enjoy playing in the G-league riding buses to Sioux Falls. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Mavric said:

If you're not a likely first-round pick, you shouldn't leave early.

Not necessarily true as there are some very lucrative options professionally outside the NBA. KenPom ran a statistical analysis on The Athletic on guys coming back for their Senior years and they dont really improve like people think they do. Junior year is actually typically the maximum efficiency for guys. I’ll look to see if I can find it and if I do I’ll link it here.

• Fire 1
5 hours ago, Mavric said:

If you're not a likely first-round pick, you shouldn't leave early.

Guys through the 40-45 pick range still get guaranteed contracts anymore.  Even if it is "only" a million that is still so much more valuable than a degree when you can go back and get that if you want.  There are enough smart people involved here, a team will let him know he is their guy in round two and he will get paid.  You leave if you can get the check.

• Mavric changed the title to Isaiah Roby