Isaiah Roby

seaofred92

48 minutes ago, Omaha-Husker said:

Guys through the 40-45 pick range still get guaranteed contracts anymore.  Even if it is "only" a million that is still so much more valuable than a degree when you can go back and get that if you want.  There are enough smart people involved here, a team will let him know he is their guy in round two and he will get paid.  You leave if you can get the check.

You’re not wrong but I don’t necessarily agree either.  Some guys have reached a lot of their potential and it makes sense for them to go to the nba.  Roby is not one of them.  Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s nba caliber but the kid is not even close to nba ready.  

I guess it all comes down to is it worth it to get that guaranteed money and go play in the d league after a year or stay another year, up your game and try and make a career out of it.  

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Obviously not everyone thinks coming back for their senior year will kill their NBA chances....

Limited athleticism and very undersized for his position. Not explosive and is a defensive liability- not to mention almost 5 TO per 40 mins. 

Great college PG-I’ll be shocked if he ever plays a minute in the NBA. 

• Plus1 1

This site has him going 55 overall which would be a draft and stash guy instead of him. If he is this low he would be better served coming back I would imagine. His draft grade needs to be below 40 or he should just come back. Offense is the big thing holding him back from going higher. If he could shoot the ball with confidence he would be a first rounder no doubt. 

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

• Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Isaiah Roby