ILB Randolph Kpai

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

22 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Kpai commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Coached against this kid the last couple years. Lucky to win in 3OT this year. Stud athlete and can hit. Gameplan was to go away from him. Completely shut down our slot and screen game. Has a nice frame. Great pickup. Interesting to see what happens with their offensive tackle that is pictured with him. Went down with a knee injury against us. I believe he will be a junior. SF Washington might dominate SD Football for the next 3 years. 

• Plus1 8
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, SODAKSKERSFAN20 said:

Coached against this kid the last couple years. Lucky to win in 3OT this year. Stud athlete and can hit. Gameplan was to go away from him. Completely shut down our slot and screen game. Has a nice frame. Great pickup. Interesting to see what happens with their offensive tackle that is pictured with him. Went down with a knee injury against us. I believe he will be a junior. SF Washington might dominate SD Football for the next 3 years. 

On a scale of 1-10 on the @teachercd "Fancy Boi" TM scale, where would you rate him?

16 hours ago, teachercd said:

I know I will get attacked for this (that is fine) but moving outside guys to inside is usually not good.

Inside guys are not awesome because of how they move...they are awesome because they actually love hitting people, which pretty much no one likes doing.  Outside guys are great because they love not having to square up and they can RUN!.

so this is a bad move? similar to when McBride and company decided to move players from their current positions to a spot closer to the line of scrimmage making the defense faster.  I actually love the idea of playing 3 OLB and 1 ILB with the 3rd outside LB playing the field side and give the tougher ILB the boundary.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Definitely getting a sense of what the staff looks for at ILB with him and Greene, and actually Henrich as well - long and fast. OLB is probably more weakside DE types (Jimari Butler, Blaise Gunnerson, TJ Bollers) and then some DBs who can get bigger on the other side (Jojo, Gifford, Myles Farmer).

OLB, particularly the Boundary types, need to be bigger types like the one you mentioned to have to meet the demands of taking on OTs in the run game.

19 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Puts us at 14th ranked class

That is no small thing.  It gives a message to other recruits.   With him committing so early, it gives us a solid individual to build the team around.  Maybe we break top 10.  If we do 2023 - 2024 could become breakout years for us.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, GBRFAN said:

so this is a bad move? similar to when McBride and company decided to move players from their current positions to a spot closer to the line of scrimmage making the defense faster.  I actually love the idea of playing 3 OLB and 1 ILB with the 3rd outside LB playing the field side and give the tougher ILB the boundary.

No it might be a great move!  

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

That is no small thing.  It gives a message to other recruits.   With him committing so early, it gives us a solid individual to build the team around.  Maybe we break top 10.  If we do 2023 - 2024 could become breakout years for us.

If Avante Dickerson committed today we would be 10 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to ILB Randolph Kpai