Hoiberg Introductory Presser

Listened to a lot of the presser.  Pretty evident that Bill Moos is a closer, get him some coffee!   No where near the slam dunk a lot of people were claiming it to be.  Once again, Bill played the low key, "when you are ready to talk, we are motivated" role.  I don't care if he has a drink or two with local Huskers....Bill Moos is the real deal in my opinion!!!

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Randy Peterson is a complete tool for driving to the press conference and asking that question about bewildered Iowa St fans. I guess only Iowa residents would know the guy. Complete homer for Iowa St and is made fun of all the time by Iowa fans 

Yes - bad question. Total pander and a garbage talk show type question.

If I'm an Iowa St. that feels in any way perturbed about Hoiberg's new job, I grow the hell up.

13 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Even with Hoiberg's connections to the state, I did not expect to hear this kind of quote. I had built up in my mind that this was by and large a business decision, and it certainly is to a large degree, but intriguing nonetheless. May mean something or just be lip service.

With most coaches, I would just mark this up as lip service to make people happy.

But, with his family's ties to the state and the school, it's always possible that if he's successful here, he could be here a very long time.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Even with Hoiberg's connections to the state, I did not expect to hear this kind of quote. I had built up in my mind that this was by and large a business decision, and it certainly is to a large degree, but intriguing nonetheless. May mean something or just be lip service.

Hoiberg is now 46-47 years old (based on his 1972 birth year).  If he is successful at NU, he can stay as long as he wants, which would be 10-15 years.  Then he could retire in his late 50's/early 60's.

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Hoiberg is now 46-47 years old (based on his 1972 birth year).  If he is successful at NU, he can stay as long as he wants, which would be 10-15 years.  Then he could retire in his late 50's/early 60's.

This is a last stop with a future AD stop...dude already has crazy experience. 

• Plus1 4
9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

He has a great opportunity to become a Legend here. Historically miserable basketball program. But all the pieces you need to be a powerhouse. 

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

With most coaches, I would just mark this up as lip service to make people happy.

But, with his family's ties to the state and the school, it's always possible that if he's successful here, he could be here a very long time.

I also think with his past heart condition, you understand where he wouldn't want to keep moving around!

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

A few days ago I was talking to a friend in Omaha and I said this would be his last stop, and now with him saying it, I believe it even more. With his past health issue, I can see where he doesn't want to be moving all over the place. He puts his roots down right here among family and can do what he loves doing. Win win in my book!

• Plus1 1