Hoiberg Introductory Presser

This almost seems unreal.  Everyone is excited about the prospect of Nebraska basketball becoming good.  It was lame that the reporters asked a couple of questions about when he thought that would happen.  It's apparent from the football program not to set high expectations for immediate results.  I'm confident both programs now have good coaches and full support from the AD.  I'll just sit back, enjoy the ride and watch things evolve.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

13 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

This almost seems unreal.  Everyone is excited about the prospect of Nebraska basketball becoming good.  It was lame that the reporters asked a couple of questions about when he thought that would happen.  It's apparent from the football program not to set high expectations for immediate results.  I'm confident both programs now have good coaches and full support from the AD.  I'll just sit back, enjoy the ride and watch things evolve.

Yeah, it was odd that it was essentially asked three times. One time was almost identical in wording to a previous time and I thought he gave as best of an answer he could the first time. Guy doesn't even know what his roster looks like yet and people are wondering how soon they'll be markedly successful. If you have to ask it, ask it once and move on.

IMO, it depends on what his strategy ends up being. Does he think he can plug some players in right away and get this thing going, or is it more of a full tear down and rebuild like what Frost is doing? Eventually, he'll have to be held accountable as it pertains to the salary he makes, but it could take several years.

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

Yeah, it was odd that it was essentially asked three times. One time was almost identical in wording to a previous time and I thought he gave as best of an answer he could the first time. Guy doesn't even know what his roster looks like yet and people are wondering how soon they'll be markedly successful. If you have to ask it, ask it once and move on.

IMO, it depends on what his strategy ends up being. Does he think he can plug some players in right away and get this thing going, or is it more of a full tear down and rebuild like what Frost is doing? Eventually, he'll have to be held accountable as it pertains to the salary he makes, but it could take several years.

I think with Hoiberg- much like with Frost. The fan base is excited and know they got a high quality coach. I know I trust that both know what they are doing. So even if it takes a few years we all know things are heading in the right direction. 

VS when we made the Mike Riley hire. People didnt know who he was or if he was even qualified for the job. So soon as a little bit of trouble becomes visible people are more quick to say lets not waste any more time and find someone else.

• Plus1 2