ILB Seth Malcom

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

31 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Malcom commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa State
    • Iowa
    • Kansas State

This poll is closed to new votes

36 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Is a 53 second 400m that fast..? I knew guys in high school who were running ~48s. Granted, they now run D1 track, but 5 seconds is a lot. 

It wouldn’t make a good 4x400 relay team.  The weaker leg on our relay teams is around 53.  It is solid for a LB body type. There is a HS kid from St. Louis this year that ran a 44 and had a shot to qualify for the olympics.  Crazy to watch.  He could beat some solid 400 meter relay teams.  

5 hours ago, swmohusker said:

It wouldn’t make a good 4x400 relay team.  The weaker leg on our relay teams is around 53.  It is solid for a LB body type. There is a HS kid from St. Louis this year that ran a 44 and had a shot to qualify for the olympics.  Crazy to watch.  He could beat some solid 400 meter relay teams.  

Correct.  53 is what I would consider slightly above average for the normal hs mid sprint.  SWM is absolutely right for a LB build.

6 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

Is a 53 second 400m that fast..? I knew guys in high school who were running ~48s. Granted, they now run D1 track, but 5 seconds is a lot. 

Yeah it’s not what I would call impressive. 48-51 is a solid high school time. But he hasn’t run his senior year yet. He could get in that 50-51 range 

More importantly, the 400 isn't true indicator of football speed. More about anaerobic/aerobic endurance.  The fact that he was also a member of their shuttle hurdle State team is more impressive as far as true foot speed and agility. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

11 hours ago, HANC said:

More importantly, the 400 isn't true indicator of football speed. More about anaerobic/aerobic endurance.  The fact that he was also a member of their shuttle hurdle State team is more impressive as far as true foot speed and agility. 

My thot as well.  In fact Im impressed that they had a guy his size even entered in the 400m.  thats a long sprint for a “bigger” body type.  I think he runs well.  

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to ILB Seth Malcom