Walk-On Names to look out for

10 hours ago, Decked said:

A few names so far: 

Brody Belt

Trent Hixson 

Hunter Miller 

A.J. Forbes 

and of course Kade Warner 

Who is Belt going to play over? Good for him if he sees PT, but unless things go south for Washington and Mills I don't see it. 

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Who is Belt going to play over? Good for him if he sees PT, but unless things go south for Washington and Mills I don't see it. 

Do you have to be a starter to be put on scholarship? Mazour was on scholarship last year and barely played! If Belt is the 5th back do they give him one?

2 minutes ago, JoeSakic2019 said:

Do you have to be a starter to be put on scholarship? Mazour was on scholarship last year and barely played! If Belt is the 5th back do they give him one?

I would guess not.  Frost holds at min. 3 scholarships for walk-ons.  He gave 6 last year, because he had extras.  I'm guessing this year, we would be back to 3.  Now, if for some crazy reason he is in the top 3 and gets playing time than he probably would.

3 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I would guess not.  Frost holds at min. 3 scholarships for walk-ons.  He gave 6 last year, because he had extras.  I'm guessing this year, we would be back to 3.  Now, if for some crazy reason he is in the top 3 and gets playing time than he probably would.

I also doubt Belt gets one this year because he's a redshirt freshman.  Typically the coaches prefer to give schollies to walkons who have been around for a while.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, JoeSakic2019 said:

You don't have to be but that would be a ton of schollies for RBs. Washington, Mills, Mazour, Johnson, Bradley, Jones, Thompkins. 

11 hours ago, JoeSakic2019 said:

Also Joey Johnson and Ethan Cox(not sure if he is on scholarship) same with Wyatt Mazour.

Joey Johnson should be getting more buzz in this thread. He may see some time this year, but the biggest reason is how few younger LBs we have. There is opportunity there and Rudd in particular seems to like him.

2 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

I think Belt may be bumped to 4th or 5th string (maybe even farther down) once more guys arrive in the Fall. Impressive what he’s doing but let’s not pretend anybody behind Mo on the depth chart currently is more than average-below average currently besides Robinson who will likely play more WR. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Did he only give 3 last year?  Mazour, Weinmaster and Reimers.  I think Riley gave out 6.  

Currently at 85 scholarships on the roster, 2 guys still have to go before fall camp to get to add Desmond Bland and William Przystup if they are scholarship guys.

Edited.