Walk-On Names to look out for

9 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

Did he only give 3 last year?  Mazour, Weinmaster and Reimers.  I think Riley gave out 6.  

Currently at 85 scholarships on the roster, 2 guys still have to go before fall camp to get to add Desmond Bland and William Przystup if they are scholarship guys.

Edited.

Im guessing 3 or 4 will quit after spring ball.

6 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

People will leave, and I wouldn't worry about Bland and Przystup. I just don't see Bland making it (no inside info, just doesn't seem promising), and Przystup was a walk on at Michigan State so I assume he'll be the same here.

Good call on Przystup, I missed the article that said he was walking on.

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

51 minutes ago, JoeSakic2019 said:

I wonder how walk on scholarships are used against total # of 85 scholarships. Ive heard if a freshman or sophmore gets put on scholy it counts against the 85. But if they wait til Jr.year it counts differently.

Another factor on scholarships to walkons is the rule about only 25 new "counters" per year and that if a walkon has been here for two years they do not count as a new "counter", however, all scholarships count toward the 85 max.

10 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

The article I read said that Frost like to save 3 each year for walk-ons, but gave 6 last year because they were available.  Besides the 3, Conrad had a schollie.  Right now, I can not think of the other 2.

Who was the WR from Lincoln East who had a scholly all of last year?

Can a scholarship be taken away if a player doesn't perform or improve or are they strongly encouraged to look for another school??

Sometimes we have recruitment 'busts'.  Are we stuck wt them for 4 years holding a scholarship that could be used for a potential contributor?